or Connect

Posts by 11thIndian

I'm not sure you're looking at it the right way. Apple is talking about changing the way people read. Let's set aside the fact that it will be a music player, internet browser, movie player, and via bluetooth headset, a phone- at a 10" screen size it will be much more enjoyable to use. If that were all it was, you're right- it might sell moderately well to the faithful. But let's be honest, the iPhone and other mobile devices, by their nature, are pocket sized and not...
Believe it or not, there is still a business to selling quality content beyond what is available for free on the web. It amazes me to the extent that this attitude of all intellectual property should be available for "free" is. If someone has a vested interest in something, they will pay for quality reporting. The advantage for magazines and newspapers is being able to eliminate hard production costs. It would be interesting to know how much of the cost of a magazine or...
I love AppleTV for movie viewing, and my only issue is that if studios want the system to take off [and they might not], the digital rentals need to be available the same day as store rentals- none of this one month "buy only" crap. If someone wants to watch something, they're not going to wait a month and they're not going to just "buy it" instead of waiting. Rentals need to be day and date the same as DVD counterparts. The only other thing that burns my britches is...
Something that's been brewing in my mind over the weekend. I know there's been a lot of talk regarding alternate versions of the iphone, most specifically the nano. Now, I've never been a proponent of these alternate form factors, as any smaller and the screen becomes very difficult to use and read, and much larger and it's cumbersome to hold and use as a phone. Now, I don't think I've read anywhere that people are imagining that this iTablet device would be a phone,...
I agree completely that the required 3 year contract term is unreasonable. But what I'm paying per month for the level of phone I have with the plan that I have is not [in comparison to other Rogers plans]. So I just put the term contract out of my mind. What other choice do I have? For me, the switch was easy. A no-contract BASIC phone with Bell was costing me about as much as I'm paying for my iPhone now with Fido.
I agree that the 3 year term contract is excessive in principal. It shouldn't be that way but unfortunately Rogers holds all the cards on that one. If there were another carrier that could sell the iPhone perhaps things would have been different.I do have to call you out on your issue of the rates however. It bothers me to hear people throwing out those multi thousand dollar numbers like that's how much your paying for the phone, because you're not. That's how much...
I think the evaluation of the Apple TV, and indeed of iTunes itself if going to continue to be a negotiation for Apple between how consumers want to watch their media and how the providers are willing to allow it to be delivered. When aTV was first delivered, it was merely an extension of the iTunes interface, except that movies had been added as content. Movies for sale only, in SD. What I believe Apple learned during that first year was that how people want to watch...
I share the frustration from those who are looking for a REVOLUTION in Macbook design, rather than the evolution that is looking fairly certain. Ever since the iPhone was released, I've started forming a mental picture in my mind of what portable computers might be, both inside and out, in the coming years. A dual touchscreen device that is thin and light enough to be held like a book, or can be placed down on a table like a conventional laptop, OR one half can be spun...
I don't get all this talk of bringing the iPod Touch in line with the iPhone. The iPhone is SUBSIDIZED at that price. The iPhone still clinically costs $499/$599. Am I missing something?
If all you want is a phone, I'm sure you can find something cheaper.