or Connect

Posts by 11thIndian

Is this RBC analyst the same one who predicted the Canadian launch of the iPhone at the SDK event in March?
I don't know. In the end I think that a double sided camera is the only solution that will ultimately make sense. Turn the single camera towards the viewer and it's usefulness for taking photos is diminished; leave it the way it is and forget video conferencing (outside of the crazy mirror contraption that was posted on youtube last year). I don't think back-to-back cameras will take up any more power. Either one or the other will be on when it's appropriate...
Agreed. Make this another mostly soft update with perhaps the need of a small add-on via one of the rear ports. There may be some additional cost to existing TV owners, but I'm sure most will pay for the added value.
All this fuss over what will probably be a $20 fee like last time. Aren't minor (and let's not bullshit- $20 is nothing) charges for large software updates infinitely better than having to go out and buy a new product every time something new comes out? It's a system update. No different than if you decide to buy or not buy Leopard- except a crap-load cheaper! There IS a difference between the iPhone and iPod Touch, one is a subscriber platform and one is a one time...
So THAT'S why I ain't had my daily dose of Roughly Drafted for the last few days! An interesting article will surely be the result
It is a slow start. And quite confusing considering that you would think they would have a dedicated team who's sole job it is to gather masters from the studios and encode them. They should be putting 20 or 30 new movies up each week! I do have to take issue with one statement in this article though. To say there is no benefit to downloading movies made prior to the 1980's in HD is just silly. Anything shot on film- from ANY time period- is much higher definition...
This is pulled from a post on Howardforums, from the same individual who leaked the recent "unlimited" data info, so it has a high probability of being true. Though a recent post by the same individual has stated that the release date for these new rates has been pushed back by one week. Note that those rates require a 3 year contract. Considering the tariff rates announced for Ireland, perhaps it's not insane to imagine that these new Rogers rates will somehow be...
We'll see. Those new data rate numbers that are being speculated for March 18 certainly aren't in line with the AT&T iPhone flat rate south of the boarder- but perhaps Apple has finally recognized that Canada's special market environment (stupid monopoly of GSM and crazy data rates) is going to require a slightly modified iPhone plan here in Canada. Here's what the new data thingy looks like:So, with judicious use of WiFi, I guess you could conceivably use an iPhone and...
Canada, eh? We'll see... I'm buying an iPhone in May- one way or the other!
Apple's advantage isn't pure innovation. It's innovative ideas made useable and practical. You're right. Multitouch isn't anything new- but the ways Apple is looking to implement it is what's interesting. Surface is impressive, but not something I can see being in everyone's home. It's innovation for innovation's sake, with little practical consumer use.