or Connect

Posts by 11thIndian

As with any of these the only proof we'll see if it it gets pulled. And even then...
Yes. It's always seemed a bit odd in terms of timing that WWDC is mid June, and there'd be a separate even at the end of June for iPhone 2.0 software and appStore. Certainly, it's a possibility that these two things could be demoed at WWDC and just "launched" later in the month. The other element to what is sure to be an iPhone related bonanza in June is an announcement of all the additional regions they'll be moving into. Personally, I think this will be tied to the...
I move back and forth on this. Is the keynote for WWDC really the place to spend half an hour talking about new product launches? "Late June" [theoretically after WWDC] has been the launch date for 2.0 software and the appStore since Macworld. THAT is a big presentation in and of itself, and would probably run well over 2 hours if a hardware component[s] were involved. Apple only ever gives newsmedia about a week of notice before an event. It could be that we'll see...
"months" is an understatement at this point. "Later this year" does sound suspiciously NOT like June/July though...
I think that's the big question. Has the purge started so soon that it indicates a pre WWDC launch, or do they have enough stock to trickle the supplies down through until early June? With Apple's aggressive sales targets for the iPhone this year. A multi-month lag is something I don't think they can afford...
Is this RBC analyst the same one who predicted the Canadian launch of the iPhone at the SDK event in March?
I don't know. In the end I think that a double sided camera is the only solution that will ultimately make sense. Turn the single camera towards the viewer and it's usefulness for taking photos is diminished; leave it the way it is and forget video conferencing (outside of the crazy mirror contraption that was posted on youtube last year). I don't think back-to-back cameras will take up any more power. Either one or the other will be on when it's appropriate...
Agreed. Make this another mostly soft update with perhaps the need of a small add-on via one of the rear ports. There may be some additional cost to existing TV owners, but I'm sure most will pay for the added value.
All this fuss over what will probably be a $20 fee like last time. Aren't minor (and let's not bullshit- $20 is nothing) charges for large software updates infinitely better than having to go out and buy a new product every time something new comes out? It's a system update. No different than if you decide to buy or not buy Leopard- except a crap-load cheaper! There IS a difference between the iPhone and iPod Touch, one is a subscriber platform and one is a one time...
So THAT'S why I ain't had my daily dose of Roughly Drafted for the last few days! An interesting article will surely be the result