or Connect

Posts by 11thIndian

I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility that Apple might eventually expand it's product line to include a larger iPhone. Apple offers 2 screen sizes in every other product they make. I think we could see Apple offer a 4" and 5" screen. But I agree that beyond that the market is probably marginal enough for Apple not to be worried about it- OR as suggested above, simply add phone functionality to iPads in conjunction with a wireless headset.
  I think that's entirely dependent on what you want to do on it.  Some functions naturally lend themselves to a larger screen size, much like on a laptop.   The mini MAY (like the iPod Mini) end up becoming the more popular product by volume, but I think there will still be a segment that wants a 10" iPad, and are willing to pay for it.  As long as they buy an iPad, I'm not sure how much Apple cares which one it is.
  Let's not forget how much of that 32GB is eaten up by the OS.  Only 20GB available.  it's still more space, but not double.
  It's my field (Pro Video) and people are already waiting.  And 8-12 months passes pretty fast when you're busy.  The people who are already deciding to leave Mac have already decided.  Those who haven't will wait.       I think I ready somewhere that there was going to be an intermediary upgrade between copper and optical.   I found this:   http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Thunderbolt-Cactus-Ridge-Redwood-Ridge-Falcon-Ridge-20Gbps,16369.html   TB is a developing...
  But they don't tend to, do they?  They waited on the laptop chipsets until USB3 was supported natively to include them.   Plus, and we can only guess on timing on this, I think next year will see Apple add Retina support to the rest of the line.  The 13" MBP will come this year, with the MBAir first half as they can commoditize the cost of the screens, and improve battery and CPUs to support them.  Then to MacMinis, iMacs, and MacPros in the second half of the year, as...
  Haven't iMacs been available with Desktop class chips for several years now?  Not Xeon server class, but desktop class.  That's my understanding.       I'm not sure what choice they have. The IveyBridge Xeon clips don't support USB3 or Thunderbold.  This is why I'm confused why anyone was surprised there wasn't a MacPro update this year.  If they'd updated and not had USB3 or TB, I think they would have been crucified even more than they were.
@ tallest skil Actually, he said "we didn%u2019t have a chance to talk about a new Mac Pro at today%u2019s event, don%u2019t worry as we%u2019re working on something really great for later next year." So you can either think Tim Cook sucks at punctuation and he meant "later, next year", OR you can take it to mean "later 2013". But he didn't implicitly say early 2013. In fact, if you think MacPros are going to leverage HassleBridge Xeon processors, and come ready with...
If you expect the iPad mini to have anything other than the same kind of LED screen than the iPad and iPhones have, you're delusional. The e-ink Kindle is a single use device, so it has the luxury of being able to just be the best thing for reading. The iPad (and presumably Mini) is multi-use: video, games, internet... Which e-ink does not do so well. I'm sure Apple is quite happy to let Amazon have the sub-$100 e-ink reader market.
It might not be individual component yields so much as assembly of the finished product. People will likely complain about the lack of a Retina screen on this device, but let's not forget the issues at play; could they put out a device thin and light, with a retina screen that gets the battery life people expect, AND at the price point people are expecting. No. As Gruber stated, price point may be one of the key design points of the device. If Apple feel they need to...
  To be fair, that would have been my strong recommendation as well, and I'm not trying to sell you anything.  Maybe the Genius has see how many iPads come back damaged, and for the $100 you know that there's no problem with repairs for the foreseeable future.  I personally wouldn't buy an iPad without AppleCare, just like I wouldn't buy a Mac without AppleCare.  Accessories and smaller items are fine without it, yes, but anything $400 it's worth it for the peace of...