or Connect

Posts by 11thIndian

The only thing I really want is for Apple to resurrect the live stream of these events. They did it for the "Back To the Mac" and "iPad2" events, then stopped (though live streaming the WWDC keynote, since it wasn't tied to any hardware announcements was probably wise...). Sifting through the liveblogs is it's own kind of fun, but a live stream would be even better. I have a feeling this is going to be a good one.
...and Jim Dalrymple at THE LOOP confirms...
Well, in terms of hardware advancement (i.e.. not the guts)- Apple can only make 3 significant changes- THICKNESS, WEIGHT, SIZE. It seems obvious that Apple are probably sticking with the 9.7" display for at least a couple more revs. The iPad2 brought us both reductions in weight and thickness. I think that the retina display technology is to a large extent going to determine if we see any movement on size and weight again this year. If they're going with the...
Regardless of all the armchair quarterbacking that's been going on, I do think that RIM is on the only course that can save it- launch a new, compelling product as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, that won't be until fall of this year. And that could well doom them, and there might not be anything they can do about it. They're shedding marketshare every quarter to iOS and Andriod, and we've got at least 2 (if not 3) more quarters before RIM can release their new...
The software that it can run is immaterial. As a general category, PCs cover a lot of ground. It doesn't matter if a person's expectations for the device are less than a traditional PC/MAC, as long as people are buying iPads instead of desktops or laptops- the comparison is valid. Just because it doesn't meet all YOUR computing needs, doesn't mean it doesn't meet someone else's.
I doubt it. ANY interface change was bound to bring heat from people who frankly, don't want to relearn the skill set they've had for years. That's one of two big hangups people have had- 1- Feature incomplete 2- New way of working and thinking (also) 3- the meme that Apple has become a toy company and isn't interested in pros Apple was as open as they ever are (therefore not much) upon the release of FCPX in June. But people were rebuffed at the way Apple approached...
I'm betting there were a lot of people who took advantage of Adobe's cross grade offer, without the specific intention of moving to Premier, but to get AE and PS. It was a great deal, even if you never opened PP.
The only reason that I could imagine there would be a significant delay (a month vs a week) between and iPad3 announcement and launch, is to allow developers to update their apps to retina specs. On announcement day they release the beta for iOS5.1, then a month later it goes public upon the release of the iPad3. Since there was no resolution change between the iPad1 and iPad2, developers didn't need to change their apps for the new hardware.
The only reason these defined categories have any importance are so that businesses and investors can assess marketshare between competing companies. Trying to merge phones (even smartphones) and PCs doesn't help anyone assess what's happening in the computer market. But if tablets are eating PC marketshare (laptops or desktops), then then I think its tremendously important for that to be represented, and of course tablets from all makers should be included in those...
Phones have their own sales category, so no one is trying to decide whether to lump them into PC sales. So the point is moot. Tablets, however, fall into the same basic "Personal Computing" use case, even if a tablet isn't the best computer for every function. Personal Computing is it's primary function, not a secondary one. Desktops, Laptops, and Tablets are all PCs, with different form factors and different strengths. But PCs nonetheless.