or Connect

Posts by 11thIndian

Right, but outside of the larger screen, none of what you've said is exterior design. And it seems to me that design is really the hang up here. It's not enough that the iPhone4S is dramatically faster and with a better camera and new voice control system. A superficial case change seems to be the only metric by which anyone is willing to gauge this. Not to mention that the new phone is getting tons of new features with iOS5. Whereas you'd have to either know the phone...
I haven't seen them side by side, no. But if you're saying bigger, then that's not a design change- that's a feature change. And the improved screen bring it what... up to par with the iPhone 4 screen? The larger screen issue aside, your points are moot. Apple did release an iPhone with an improved camera and faster processor. Apple has made it very clear that LTE isn't in the cards until they can ensure that it won't mean a hit to battery life. They have to at least...
It's amazing to me. If Apple had released the the exact same internals as the 4S but in a new form factor, everyone would have been happy (except those wanting a bigger screen). This is all about looks, which is fine. But I think it's dingenous of people to call this a "minor" update or a spec bump. The ONLY thing that hasn't changed here is the case. Here's another point- SAMSUN GALAXY S SAMSUNG GALAXY S II Wow! So different! So where's the moral outrage on that...
I won't deny FCPX's shortcomings, and people are going to continue to enjoy ragging on it in the near term, but every time I use it I find more really smart thinking at the core of the program. It's not ready for everyone yet, but I see the problems of FCPX as more of a mismanagement of customer expectations than a technical one. There's too much great stuff going on in this program for it to be considered a failure by any reasonable person. People will laugh now,...
I'm trying to understand what you're saying. There isn't a single theatrically released "movie" in the last 100 years that's resolution is capped at 480p. Films took a resolution hit when they were scanned for broadcast on TV. The original film material has, in many cases, an effective resolution many times higher than 1080p.For Example, the recent restoration of the 1939 film WIZARD OF OZ. The nitrate elements were digitally scanned at 8K for archival purposes. ...
As it does now, your wait will vary depending on your connection speed. When I first got my G1 AppleTV, HD movie rentals tended to take about 5 minutes to buffer, but after 1 stalled film early on I'd usually wait 10. Today, since the release of the G2 AppleTV [and I don't own one, I'm still on G1] buffering seems to happen much faster. I don't know what they've done but HD movies are usually available within a minute or two, and I've never had one fail. And I'm usually...
The point I'd disagree with you on is that you believe that once an iPad gets to a certain price they're just going to buy a notebook. The success of the iPad isn't entirely predicated on price. At the lower end, the iPad has proven to be a great device for people who never wanted or needed the complexity of a laptop in the first place, but merely an email/browsing device. it eschews the abstraction of modern computer operating systems for something that people who were...
I think you're underestimating the market split. There are lots of people who will plunk down the extra money for the higher resolution screen. I'd wager a 20-25% of the install base. That's millions of units a quarter. If they sold a cheaper iPad, they're growing that install base, not selling to the one they have now. And developers will write for the double resolution depending on the audience of their app. Right now developers have to write for 2 display sizes. ...
I think the critical question of whether or not there will be a separate iPad HD line is one of costs, and to some extent, how aggressively Apple wants to continue to build out the user base. The move to a double-resolution display in an iPad should certainly not be considered to be a lateral move. If I had to guess, I'd bet that because the screens were so much smaller, Apple was able to justify not raising the price of the iPhone4 when they introduced the Retina...
My only contradition would be that if the Air, Mini, and MacPro see revs shortly after Lion, I doubt we'll see any more Mac updates until next year. They'll have run the whole product line in 2011, and I don't think there's another chipset to move to yet.