or Connect

Posts by groakes

Not that I really care but.... http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/aluminium.htm"...The metal was named by the English chemist Sir Humphry Davy ..., even though he was unable to isolate it: that took another two decades’ work by others. He derived the name from the mineral called alumina, which itself had only been named in English by the chemist Joseph Black in 1790. Black took it from the French, who had based it on alum, a white mineral that had been used since...
Not sure that Apple should be building products from Corpse plants. I think titanium is a much better option....
Your definition of "Far Left" is so misplaced that you would have to think that you actually have no idea of what the Left is. You probably subscribe to the fact that Obama is Left Wing. Sure, he might be to the Left of your average Ayn Rand groupie, but he 's right of center on any normal political spectrum.http://www.politicalcompass.org/test Personally, I think that it's great that the CEO of a company takes a moral stance. If you don't like it, take your shares...
Necklacing was NOT invented by Nelson Mandela. Even the briefest amount of research would lead you to discover that necklacing had occurred in 1984 in India during the anti-Sikh riots, a year before the first recorded incident in South Africa. Winnie Mandela supposedly endorsed the practice. However the ANC officially condemned it.
Re Republican  Deby Slavery...   I think that's a yes.   So I guess if the TPP can't get signed, there IS an upside to this....
Wasn't it conservative republicans who actually got them INTO national debt slavery?
Interesting that "Government" gets shut down, with government employees laid off with no pay, but Politicians still get to keep their snouts in the trough... One wonders (from afar) if the ideologues would be so intransigent if it were their incomes on the line....   Still, you want to save money - stop fighting foreign wars. The more things change the more they stay the same....   just one more thing... Wasn't one of Romney's policies to repeal the Affordable Care...
So for about the same price you could buy a pair of AudioEngine 2s with an AirportExpress (or AppleTV) and have some sublime sounding speakers. Or spend some more for the AE5 s to get a huge, but still well defined and controlled sound.