or Connect

Posts by groakes

Well, you were asking for some logic and facts. Here is a logical hypothesis based upon empirical data. You respond with a glib rejoinder, which I must say makes a mockery of your sig. 
  I base the claim on the fact that this was premeditated with a degree of pre planning. Given that, it is reasonable to assume that any armed security in situ would have been targeted. Perhaps the killing of a security guard may have alerted the rest of the school. Perhaps not. With regard to security in public schools - I don't know how much security is provided in schools in the US, but the fact that so much is required, compared to the rest of the developed world, is...
    An armed security guard at the school would in all likelihood have resulted in a dead armed security guard.   It seems funny that the anti-gun control apologists see any action to address the availability off guns as an attempt exploit tragedy. I personally see it as a compassionate people attempting to do something to address a terrible problem.   As for the logic that more guns makes a society safer, say it out loud and see how crazy that logic is.   It's about time...
A view from the other side of the world:       http://blogs.crikey.com.au/thestump/2012/12/15/don%E2%80%99t-expect-a-paradigm-shift-in-american-gun-politics/
  Wow! Now there's an impressive degree of arrogance!   Where would you like them to move? Toronto?   Unfortunately the Small Island States will only be the first - the canaries of impact of climatic change on humans if you like. Given that greater than 60% of the world's population live either in or abutting littoral zones, that could lead to a hell of a lot of ecological refugees. And then of course there's the impact on riparian systems where large percentages of the...
  If you lived in Kiribati, or one of the other Small Island States, you would think that something SHOULD be done...
A Banksy Xmas card....  
I don't know enough about it to definitively answer, but in my opinion, I would call it more civil disobedience - more like Occupy, Greenpeace, or Sea Shepherd....
OK then, Definitions of terrorism:   Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. US Department of Defense 2005.     No mention of civilians there at all.. What you do have is the use of violence to create fear in order to achieve an ideological goal. So, bombing Gaza in the knowledge that civilians WOULD definitely be killed is unlawful and intended to coerce and therefore fits the bill so far as the US DoD definition of terrorism.   So! What should Israel do? Remove the...
I have always found it somewhat amusing that people buy into organised religion, most (if not all) seem to be run along the lines of: "Do what we say, and you will be better off when you are dead".   Seems like a great way to control people....