or Connect

Posts by groakes

Given that the Palestinians are a semitic group, I don't think that follows...
  Sorry SDW but in my opinion you have it wrong.   I, and my ilk(!), don't deny Israel's right to exist. Neither do we support or condone terrorist attacks. It's just that there is a remarkable hypocrisy in evidence whereby Israeli state sponsored terrorism is tolerated, supported, and encouraged, yet Arab terrorism is condemned. I abhor all terrorism, whether it's carried out by Hamas, IDF, the US Armed Forces, or who ever. Civilian deaths in Gaza, the 5th most densely...
Here's a few quotes from "The Israel Lobby" byJohn Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt     On the theft of Arab land:   On the use of force against civilians:   On the subject of Israel responding defensively against terrorism:
Not saying that Israel shouldn't survive. Just saying that the Palestinians deserve some justice.
  Seriously? How can you consider indiscriminate killing of civilians as something other than terrorism. Terrorism has always been an Israeli tactic - let me re-quote from the Lehi underground newspaper He Khazit (The Front ) and an article entitled "Terror":   But then again, American's generally have little understanding of the nature of war. They haven't seen their cities in flames and their people slaughtered and their infrastructure and society torn apart in living...
  Tis also interesting to note that for a country that espouses "freedom" as a self evident right, the US has the highest incarceration rate (per head of population) of any country in the world (ok - you could probably put North Korea at the top of the list - but that's hardly a mitigation).    And spent more on military expenditure than the next 12 countries combined... 
  You conveniently left out the fact that expulsions of Palestinians, driven by Israeli terrorists, had begun as early as November 1947 which is 6 months the commencement of the first Arab/ Israeli War. Just because Israel says they possess the moral high ground doesn't necessarily make it so!   And as for voting for terrorism and war, allow me to quote from the Lehi underground newspaper He Khazit (The Front ) and an article entitled "Terror":    
Interesting interpretation of history... Israel forced the Palestinian's into the Gaza Strip in 1948, as Palestinians fled the Israeli army and Jewish terrorist groups such as Irgun and Lehi. In 2006, after Hamas succeeded in democratically run elections, Israel imposed economic and trade sanctions against the Palestinian National Authority, severely curtailing the transport of medicine, food, building materials, denying access to fishing grounds and controlling Gazan...
Spending Trillions of dollars on fighting wars in foreign countries to prop up the vested interests of oil companies hasn't exactly helped helped the US debt position either....
An example of a beautiful "Flat" UI that works can be found in Ableton's Live.  While most other audio production systems sought to emulate the look and feel of the physical real world counterparts, Ableton took a radically different approach, if in part to reduce the processing load, and thereby increase the stability and capability of the software. What's more they did it with understatement and elegance that improved visual understanding of what was happening at any...