or Connect

Posts by milimetersquared

A few minutes ago, the iSight camera on my aluminum unibody MacBook became disconnected. (I have HardwareGrowler running, so a Growl notification comes up whenever a USB device is connected/disconnected.) In System Profiler now, it does not list the iSight as being connected to USB. I have absolutely no idea why this happened. I was just sitting with the computer on my lap, typing, with no shocks or shakes. The computer hasn't even been jostled or carried or turned on or...
I'm trying to make a simple AppleScript application (or, really, any automation) for use as an alarm clock. At a given time in the morning (every Monday through Thursday on a regular basis), I'd like it to open and play the most recent episode of a podcast (NPR's 7 AM News Summary). The podcast can be found online here, but the URL of each episode's MP3 file is different, and doesn't follow a simple pattern (ie, 2010-01-08, -09, -10, etc.). Can anyone help me with this?...
if it's at 88%, it's good to go. if it gets really bad within warranty (and you have applecare), they may even replace it if you complain enough, even though it isn't technically covered. it worked for my friend recently, at least. it shouldn't come to that, though, as 88%'s still fine for its age. those two products will indeed work with a unibody mbp, and are of good quality. i don't know what else to say besides that watching videos and making sure everything goes in...
hard drive will be around $90-180, depending on your actual size needs for an internal hdd.memory will be about $120. as for the new battery, i'm doubtful as to if you need one. i've got a unibody mb from right after they were released, and have about 750 load cycles, yet my health is still at 93% or so. download a program like coconutbattery and check out your battery health. if it's above 80%, you most likely don't need a new battery.
now that the macbooks are out, and i'm getting one, i need to buy two 2gb sticks for mine. the problem is that, for conditions beyond my control, i cannot buy my macbook from the apple store online, which now, in an ironic twist of fate, has fair ram prices; i have to buy my computer and ram separately. i've come upon the problem that good-quality 2gb sticks of ddr3 ram of the macbook's specifications (1066mhz, 204-pin, pc-8500) are hard to find. all i've been able to...
thanks for the sarcasm/help, ireland. i was looking for something with a button layout closer to this, which is what i'm using with my 17" imac right now, and has a small button on each shoulder, the two main buttons, and then a scroll wheel button. i'm not as interested in having a "zoom" or up/down scroll buttons as having the shoulder buttons for the use of expose and other functions. and i know that i'll probably have to pay i just wanted to imply that i wanted a...
i'm planning on buying a macbook soon (upon the update, whenever and however it may come), and was thinking that i might want a mouse to use with it, in case the trackpad doesn't suit my wants or needs. i'm looking for a 5-button, wireless one, with a scroll wheel, and i really don't want to pay more than $30 or so for it. any suggestions? what kind of mouse do you use if you dislike the trackpad on your mb/mbp? any help is greatly appreciated.
before buying my new iphone 3g a couple weeks back, i ran across this article on tuaw, describing how to add yubnub to the iphone's mobilesafari.app (first generation firmware). this is a feature that i would kill for; it would vastly expedite almost everything i do. however, i have minimal coding experience, and cannot figure out how to get this to work, and cannot get in touch with the author of the tuaw post (no contact info available), nor the author of the blog post...
if you even have any ideas, i'd appreciate hearing them so that i can try them myself, if need be.
before buying my new iphone 3g a couple weeks back, i ran across this article on tuaw, describing how to add yubnub to the iphone's mobilesafari.app (first generation firmware). this is a feature that i would kill for; it would vastly expedite almost everything i do. however, i have minimal coding experience, and cannot figure out how to get this to work, and cannot get in touch with the author of the tuaw post (no contact info available), nor the author of the blog post...