or Connect

Posts by johnmcboston

Hmmmm.   In the photos (bottom, center) the one that says Lincoln Square - see an option icon with a car, and one with a transit vehicle.   I don't see one with a person.   I assume you can get walking directions to places as well????
Funny that it's the icons they're changing.      My annoyance with Camera app is you have to scroll through all the different camera operations just to get to the one you want.   Just took a pano and want to do video?  well swipe to square and it stops, then swipe to Photo and it stops, then swipe to video.   (doubly annoying if i want to move from Photo to Pano and accidentally go the wrong way and get video, which kills the music I'm listening to...)   Br nice if it...
>  The photos in the cloud used up personal could limits?   Yes
In general, what access will iphoto or Aperture have to the cloud photos now?    Personally, I will NOT be importing either app's photos to the cloud - I don't need to try to migrate thousands of SLR photos up into the cloud space, but it would be nice if Aperture could still see the phone photos in the cloud...
hmmm.  Now I have to run out and get one while stock is still around.   sigh.   Still can't beat the capacity.
I hope there is a setting to turn translucency off. W7 came with it here at work and it was beyond distracting having other things show through while you are trying to read text. I'm not sure exactly how this is supposed to be helpful to a user...
I'm surprised so many are cheering Bento's demise. It wasn't the best, but it was easy to use and had an easy sync between phone and computer. The replacement isn't only expensive, it's a professional program for database folks, and offers no real connectivity between devices. Even looking the FM pages today, it's all about "This the solution for your business". Why exactly is this big business software going to be a good solution for my mom that just wants to keep...
I'd love to get data OUT of contacts. Got forbid I need to do a mail merge or such....
Agreed, applelunatic. I can't see anything positive for the users if FB buys Waze
  The problem with online mode - is EA has to be there and want to support the game.   What happens if in 6 months EA decides it's not worth it and shuts down their Sim City servers.   Too bad for us?