or Connect

Posts by sjk

But where's the $15 upgrade?
I guess you didn't read the first paragraph of my earlier post.
I'm not sure they're as "free" as you think. You're aware of what happened with Zap2It? Elgato pays Decisionmark for access to the TitanTV program guide with EyeTV in the US, a "subscription" fee passed on to customers that's reflected in the software price whether or not they (can) actually use that service. And good luck getting support for inaccurate/incomplete guide issues; mine still haven't been fully resolved (e.g. missing channels). The program guide is a...
When the number of tabs exceeds the horizontal display limit the remainder are represented with a chevron menu at the right end of the tab bar that replaces the double-click target for opening a new tab. With the two main OS X Safari plugins I rely on most, PithHelmet will be automatically disabled in 3.1 but might work after modifying the Info.plist, similar to the 1Password change linked to earlier. Not sure about SafariStand. I'm holding off updating until there's...
Disappointed that DL2 (and similar software) doesn't have features to support DVD rentals, like priority queues.
Where've you been all year? ...and then there was one
Where've you been? There's hardly any discussion of Leopard that doesn't eventually mention that! (yawn)
Check "Macworld: Mac Gems: Leopard's first tweaks" for other suggestions.
What didn't you like about it simply as an alternative to browsable Dock folders, ignoring its other features?
… which I already mentioned/suggested earlier but people were apparently too preoccupied to notice.