or Connect

Posts by sjk

You do know "Leo" is commonly associated with a Lion, short for Leonard(o), etc.? Using it as an abbreviation for Leopard is just wrong, especially if Apple decides to use Lion for a future OS X big cat marketing name.
After getting used to accessing them from a Finder contextual menu with the FolderGlance plugin I wondered if they really ever belonged in the Dock at all. With FG it takes a slight bit of menu navigation after a right-click to reach a desired folder compared to being there immediately with the pre-10.5 Dock right-click, but having Finder Desktop and window backgrounds is a larger and easier right-click target (for me) than shuffling the mouse to Dock folders. Anyone...
For awhile I missed losing the desktop pager's birds-eye view after switching from CodeTek to Virtue but eventually got used to not having it. I may try using a hot-corner trigger for the Spaces overview, like kim kap sol suggested, since the bottom-right corner is available; the others are used as Exposé triggers. Invoking Exposé with keyboard feels clumsy to me and the same may be true with the Spaces overview. I've never had reason to use the "Show desktop overlay...
I don't know how it works with Adium and Spaces, but … When iChat is assigned to a desktop in VirtueDesktops the Messages popup window appears on the current desktop, then jumps back to the assigned desktop when clicked and I manually switch there to interact with it. I often make that Messages window sticky after its first opened (either automatically or manually) so it floats on every desktop, and it'll remain sticky if closed and reopened in the same iChat and...
Yep, if the Desktop layer is visible in the current Space.Nope. Still need a third-party app like Conjure for that, which probably won't be the most elegant solution because of OS X restrictions that make certain things frustratingly difficult for developers. For instance, it's a hassle to completely eliminate the Dock or to use Path Finder as a complete Finder replacement.
Not sure I understand what's technically preventing you from already assigning a dedicated Space to Parallels and/or Fusion (having never used either). In general, why can't a Space have a unique personality that gives it the illusion of being independent from the traditional Desktop? Surely some people will leave certain apps running full-screen, each in their own Space that never (or rarely) exposes the underlying Desktop. And Conjure lets you create unique...
Multiple desktops† can make it easier to manage different contexts than excessive app/window hiding/showing/switching.Not sure I understand the z-order issue (got an example?) but window focusing has been a nuisance for me with VirtueDesktops, especially when Finder is involved. † I'm not fond of the term "virtual desktop" because it often implies characteristics that aren't "virtually" supported, e.g. a unique menubar, Dock, and/or set of Desktop icons on OS X. Giving it...
Does automatic Space-switching happen when an app in one Space opens a window for another app in a different Space? With VirtueDesktops I'm able to open multiple Safari windows from NNW on the Browser desktop without being automatically switched there, keeping the News desktop uncluttered. I've always preferred to explicitly switch between virtual desktops instead of it happening automatically (sometimes unexpectedly).Moving windows to different virtual desktops is a...
I agree. I tried Opera a bit but couldn't understand what the positive excitement was about; Blazer works much better for me. Of course Safari would put either to shame (IMO).Are you using VoIP with your TX? I didn't know that was possible, which isn't surprising since*I've been mostly uninvolved with the Palm (OS) community for several years. So far I've found Articulation and some guy's external mic/adapter solution.
Yeah, the relentless attacking tone in many Roughly Drafted articles is distracting and tiresome. And Daniel often seems eager to dismiss well-reasoned viewpoints other than his own.