or Connect

Posts by sjk

Maybe because someone other than you might be interested in knowing about it? Was someone forcing you to read it?And who are you to say what AI is "for" or not?
How "really low" do you mean? Any channel up to 192kbps I've tested definitely works that way; there's no "seems to" doubt about it. If you have counter-examples please post them.
Easily proven wrong: Stream any iTunes Radio audio channel and monitor its Rx throughput.I wasn't talking about video streaming with caching and I'll agree that its characteristics can be as you've described. But in my experience Internet Radio streaming typically works as I've described, not utilizing more bandwidth/throughput/whatever-you-wanna-call-it than necessary.Sorry I didn't make the type of streaming more explicit in the beginning, though I did admit to not...
Not with its current 3-pane design, IMO. I personally don't mind it remaining a separate app.It's usually too general (for me), which is why I said that I'd like more detail.Depends on what you mean by "feedback"; other words might more accurately describe what you'd want. . . . Frankly, most people don't seem concerned about security-related issues after they've been advised how to be more careful and warned of the consequences. And sometimes being a victim of some...
Yep, that's the difference between streaming and downloading (and their bandwidth consumption) that I've been struggling to explain to Mel. Thank you!
(emphasis added) Have you enabled the "Show Status in Menu Bar" preference in Keychain Access? That'll display a locked icon when all keychains are locked and an opened lock icon when any keychains are unlocked. Clicking the icon displays a menu showing which keychains are (un)locked, plus Lock Screen, Open Security PreferencesÂ…, and Open Keychain AccessÂ… items. One wish for I have for keychains is that the unlock dialog that applications can trigger would specify more...
I'll often take devil's advocate role to encourage alternative viewpoints, as I've been doing by considering ways iTS "subscriptions" could succeed while others are altogether opposed to the idea. 'nuf said.Obviously it takes longer listening/watching/saving an entire track that's throttled by a streaming A/V server than typically downloading the same track via FTP (etc.). If downloading A/V content is much faster than streaming identical content then how can they be...
I'm talking about bits/second bandwidth, approximately measured/monitored in near realtime with MenuMeters' Network menubar item (for instance). Am I using the wrong terminology?
Sure, though I don't think that's applicable to any of my comments.I know your objections don't exclude the possibility it could be worthwhile for reasons some people clearly expressed earlier in this thread. It's ridiculous when the idea is entirely dismissed simply because someone has no personal interest, especially when they've extrapolated that to assume it's true for everyone else. Heck, there's a predictable tendency for certain people to do that on many forums...
Not sure I understand. An example of what I meant is that downloading any content from iTS potentially uses all my available broadband bandwidth while streaming audio uses only a fraction of it (dependent on, and possibly with even higher than iTS content, bitrates).