or Connect

Posts by sjk

Not sure I understand. An example of what I meant is that downloading any content from iTS potentially uses all my available broadband bandwidth while streaming audio uses only a fraction of it (dependent on, and possibly with even higher than iTS content, bitrates).
Seems an obvious way to extend the value of the iTunes Store for existing and new customers. Only those who'd be satisfied with pricing and limitations, of course.Without identifying specific issues it generally seems possible for audio streaming since popular sites like YouTube are capable of handling heavy streaming video traffic. And streaming uses less bandwidth than downloading the same content.Probably; is there any topic that's not being redundantly debated? Maybe...
The number of intelligently positive "'subscriptions' in addition to purchases" posts in this thread has been enjoyably surprising. It's satisfying to finally see many of the same points I attempted making years ago not being drown out by a majority of narrow-viewed naysayers. Both services would be advantageous for me. Option 2 because, for one reason:I listen to streaming internet audio "stations", with the sequential playback limitation of conventional radio. I'd...
Can you tell us why you continue to ignore the Posting Guidelines here?
At least iTMS was accurate… unlike Itunes, i-tunes, i-pod, etc.
And getting music for an iPod has never been an issue. Sources and types of video content for Apple TV are far more limited. I don't see how the current iTunes Store model for video purchases can be anything more than a niche market; it quickly becomes impractically unaffordable for most people. Apple TV will quickly fall into a niche without more flexible alternatives for content, whether it be from the iTunes Store and/or other sources. Apple TV is premature and...
That doesn't seem cruel to me at all. My preference would be to use streaming and minimize synching as much as possible, avoiding the need for a larger-than-40GB synching drive cache. I haven't followed the exact details for syncing vs. streaming; might be that Apple TV requires syncing more than I'd want it to. Isn't it possible to randomly access all iTunes content via Apple TV, then select which you'd like to stream? I'm capable of finding sufficient answers by...
Oh, is there any good reason why some people seem obsessed with adding a larger HD to Apple TV? It's not intended for permanent storage but I get the feeling people expect to use it that way. It's certainly more cost-effective to buy a larger drive for the media hosting Macs/PCs, which also doesn't void the Apple TV warranty. Am I overlooking something?
Disclaimer: I'm not an expert on the topic so some of my terminology might be a bit off …Is that "real-time" hardware H.264 encoding, which I've read still can't touch the quality of multi-pass software encoders? How might GPU H.264 encoding benefit Apple TV? Could that essentially obsolete software currently being used to convert others formats to H.264 by doing the encoding it directly on Apple TV after its received? What's a good example of when it make sense for a...
Maybe sucralose already knew that and was simply stating s/he didn't want to take part in that form of surgery.