or Connect

Posts by sjk

Maybe sucralose already knew that and was simply stating s/he didn't want to take part in that form of surgery.
And experience barriers.
I never saw your convincing reasons why it would work.
Interesting, though I won't believe it either without convincing evidence (like I've now seen enough of to confirm 480i compatibility).
Although the legalities of CD and DVD ripping differ. [edit: like hmurchison explained]I fail to see how you would fail to see studios not twisting something that many of us can easily view in a customer's interest into a "bad thing". The effect Flip4Mac Drive-In might have to some extent?
Though there's currently no support for Apple TV*to access it directly, correct?
Some people want Apple TV to be more like a media server that it's not intended to be?I prefer that media server/client model, too.
EyeTV recordings, for Mac users. Probably analogous Windows PC DVR content though I don't know specific products.PS: It's iTunes, not i-tunes, rufusr… but your Bush joke is okay.
Can't think of good downloaded content examples offhand, but apparently it doesn't support EyeTV MPEG-2 recordings (native or exported) which is why Elgato shows how to add them to iTunes as exported H.264 using EyeTV's iPod button. That makes their "eyetv & Apple TV, A Perfect Match" advertising a bit silly. I've read at least one person confirm that 480i SDTV is supported so maybe there are other surprises still to discover (for better or worse) that Apple isn't...
And I think many (most?) PDAs, smartphones, etc. still only support USB1. Synching my Palm TX internal RAM with USB1 would be acceptable (although I use WiFi instead) but transferring data to/from its SD card is normally too slow so I use a SD reader/writer for that (e.g. complete backups to ZIP archives are fast and easy).