or Connect

Posts by sjk

iTunes can import and play content that's incompatible with Apple TV (according to its specs). Btw, I thought Pogue's article was more interesting and informative than Mossberg's.
And it looks prettier, too (IMO). Thanks for the informative post!
Do you seriously think that'll ever happen?
I agree, though a second internal drive dedicated to Time Machine may be the only solution for people who won't use external drives or do sufficient backups for various reasons and excuses. Those of us using external drives could find other uses for it or choose not to get one if it were optional (preferably). Maybe Apple will have more to offer "home" users storage-wise than just the AE's new AirPort Disk that we won't know about until Leopard and Time Machine are...
They stopped thinking after buying a Windows PC, if not earlier.
First two revisions had that design, as I'd mentioned before seeing your post now.Not quite sure how the serviceability compares between that last G5 and Intel models. Is the G5 a bit easier?
You needn't feel compelled to join every thread … … especially just to dump a "me, too" remark like that.
Yeah, my attention on the screen has always made the chin's appearance inconsequential.That's the most practical redesign idea I've read in this thread so far, especially if it's easily accessible. Certainly a smart way to encourage customers to use Time Machine (or other backup software, for that matter) than if external drives are required.
I'm sure the last iMac G5 revision (built-in iSight model) is less easily serviceable than the earlier revisions because it's one reason I chose to keep my earlier 'rev B'. When that serviceability downgrade continued with the Intel models it helped make them less tempting. I might still be using my G5 until AppleCare coverage expires next May, maybe adding a MacBook (Pro) between now and then… especially if a MBP revision makes it easier to replace the hard drive like...
I'm including those types of devices with certain usage patterns having unexpected results. For example, running my office air conditioner more frequently and expecting an increased bill, yet it drops $20. Or I've made an extra effort to converse usage and the bill jumps $30. I'm not concerned enough (yet) to fastidiously monitor the most power-hungry devices, just aware of how the payment fluctuation is more counter-intuitively unpredictable here than in previous...