or Connect

Posts by Larry767

I just chatted with a SaskTel support person about this.   Tony: We have a partner agreement with Apple and allow the personal hotspot  Tony: My son has it on his iPhone - and I can connect to his hotspot - my personal experience had no issues   So, those of us in Saskatchewan, Canada with SaskTel appear to be safe, for now.
Zero is my understanding.
I just updated a 17" i5 last night and the only thing I noticed was after installing the updates it took more than 15 minutes for the machine to shut down and restart. I watch the blue screen with spinning icon with angst but figured as long as the icon's spinning it must be doing something. Sure enough it restarted, beeped, installed the firmware update, restarted again and all was well. Wasn't noticing any problems before anyway.
Yah, way to go Watson. Do you have any idea how much this leak has probably infuriated the Steve?
Me too. When I first read the article it seemed obvious to me that there were two situations: 1. If you were already running XP or Vista in Bootcamp and wanted to UPGRADE to Windows 7, you were advised to first install the Boot Camp Utility for Windows 7 Upgrade. (I'm guessing until today it was not possible for anyone to upgrade their XP or Vista Bootcamp installation so this is the solution for those people). 2. If you're installing Windows 7 from scratch or already...
This is only available from the US store. I can't get this through the Canadian store. Pity.
The "Tell a Friend" link at the bottom of each article appears to be broken. When I click on it I get an error "The requested URL /email.php was not found on this server." I often use this to forward on of your articles to one of my friends.
Will they just be "refreshed" or have they also fixed a seemingly "widespread" problem of random shutdowns as discussed in this lengthy Apple Support forum topic?
Maybe they'll announce that they took some of their billions and bought Adobe AIR and are planning a pro version of iWeb?
Odd that this sort of announcement would come from outside Apple Inc. don't you think? Will Mr. Stephenson feel the wrath of Steve over this announcement?