or Connect

Posts by hillstones

I think you are confusing me with the another user.  I don't have any issues with Photos' abilities as a photo editor.  I don't like the interface changes and lack of preferences to adjust them.  Thankfully you can view the sidebar with albums.  Why would Apple think finding photos is easier when your albums are hidden?  I would like to see the background color preference return so if you want awful white, you can have it, but if you want a dark grey, as in iPhoto, you can...
iPhoto and Aperture should continue to work as long as future OS updates don't kill them off.
Photos uses its own library, called Photos Library.  The iPhoto Library and Aperture Library remain untouched.  I can have both iPhoto and Photos open at the same time since they are using separate library files.   When I first opened Photos, it appeared to access my iPhoto Library file, but many albums were missing the photo count did not match.  Then I opened Photos a second time holding Option, and chose the iPhoto Library file.  This spent a long time updating the...
It is ridiculous that the drop down arrows are invisible until you move the mouse over the area to make them appear.  They also do not look like a typical drop-down menu.  Why would Apple hide the extra adjustment settings, and yet claim the program is easier to use?  In iPhoto, you click on Adjust, and all the settings appear with nothing hidden.
Oh, here is another step backwards.  The option to edit or get info on a photo is completely hidden unless you double-click or hit spacebar to zoom a photo.  Only then, Edit and Info appear in the upper right corner, along with the other toolbar items that remain static in both views.  In iPhoto, the Edit and Info options were always visible no matter what view you were in.   There is no reason to hide them on the toolbar and only make them visible in one view.     As I...
Do you get this error message when you try to export the Photos Diagnostic report from the Photos/File menu?  Happens every time, and yes, the Photos Diagnostic plug-in is installed in System Preferences.  
I am not using the cloud in Photos because I do not want my photos in the cloud.  I prefer them local.  Photos takes longer to open compared to iPhoto using the same library.
In your earlier post, you said you hadn't even used it because you said you would probably like it since you liked the butchered versions of Pages and Numbers.  Every single preview does not say it is superior in major aspects.  It is a beta, it is NOT faster than iPhoto, it is not smoother, it is not more responsive.  Maybe you have a few hundred photos, but for someone with tens of thousands of high resolution photos, it is slower than iPhoto.  When I open iPhoto, the...
I guess you love butchered programs with features stripped out of it, because that is what happened to Pages and Numbers.  iOS devices are touchscreen interfaces.  The Mac is not a touchscreen interface and trying to make any program work and look like an iPhone/iPad version on the Mac is a huge mistake.  It does not work well on the Mac because it is not a touchscreen. The editing tools are all hidden by default...so how many people are going to find the actual tools to...
This is a FALSE statement.  The Photos app creates its own library, separate from the iPhoto Library.  You can continue to use both programs.  But if you add and edit photos in one application, they do not appear in the other.