or Connect

Posts by hillstones

Are you too lazy to look it up yourself?  Posted 5 hours before AppleInsider copied and pasted the article.  You would have read this on Engadget last night. http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/02/firefox-ios-plans/
They do not operate independently of an iPhone.  An iPhone is REQUIRED to make the watch function.  You can't do much with it without the iPhone.  The Watch SDK has confirmed this.  The iPhone's SoC executes the majority of the code and the watch is just a UI. http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/11/apple-releases-watchkit-developer-tools-alongside-first-ios-8-2-beta/
The Jurassic World trailer looked like a bunch of crap.  It looked like a cartoon with the entire environment in CGI.  At least the first three were shot in a real environment, Kauai, and used a mix of animatronic models combined with CGI to give it a far more realistic appearance.  This new movie looked like the entire thing was rendered "Avatar-style" on a computer with actors in front of a green-screen (and Avatar was a lousy movie).
You are so arrogant.  The world must look interesting to you sitting on top of your high-horse.  You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  Did you know Apple shoveled out complete garbage in the 1990s and was on the verge of bankruptcy?  Are you even old enough to know that?  Did you know Apple used leftover 68040 boards and parts and crammed PowerPC chips on them and tried to claim they were good computers?  The serial ports were so jacked up, they could...
Most people like that will track their data using another, far less expensive, fitness device.  They won't spend $350+ to track their steps, etc.  Most people exercising use an iPod Shuffle to listen to music, not an iPhone. Watch the keynote again.  Cook specifically says, "Apple Watch requires an iPhone".  They never explained what the Apple Watch could do, or could not do, without a link to the iPhone.  
You pretty much nailed it.  Without your iPhone, it won't do much.  You need to recharge it daily, or it won't work when the battery is dead.  I don't need to answer a phone call on my watch, I would rather have a private conversation.  I don't track my fitness, and I have never seen anyone wear a FitBit band either.  I already exercise regularly, so I don't need to track what I do.  I will never use the Health app on the iPhone.  I also prefer to use my Harmony remote to...
GET over yourself. Get is simple and does not imply free.  Download is too long of a word for the mobile iTunes Store.  Do you GET that?
There is no such option called Continuity.  It is called Handoff & Suggested Apps under the General section, and your 3rd Gen iPad is not supported.  You need an iPad 4th Gen or better.  You can do most continuity features (phone calls, etc.), but not the handoff feature of picking up where you left off in an app.  If your iPhone and iPad are both running iOS 8 and using the same AppleID and Wi-Fi network, calls will automatically ring on your iPad 3rd Gen.  Don't worry,...
Your battery drain is not software related, unless you have all the battery-draining features enabled (motion, background updates, etc).  Your iPhone 5 is two years old, the battery no longer has the capacity when it was new.  My iPhone 4S exhibited the same battery drain when it was two years old.  Only a few hours of use, then would shut down at 30-40%.  I ran a battery utility (Batteryscore on the app store) and my score result was about 50% capacity compared to new...
They do that now with their products.  Return customers is how they make a lot of their money, as well as other companies doing the same thing. Customer retention is important to companies.  Browse eBay and look how many relatively new Apple products are for sale by people who bought the latest release each year.  Apple makes tons of cash from people buying new iPhones every two years.  You can expect the same with the Apple Watch.