or Connect

Posts by hillstones

No, it cannot.  The new retina iMac no longer supports Target Display Mode.  
Now if you want to read a real review of the retina iMac, hop over to ArsTechnica, where they actually tested the iMac.  This review is nothing but turning it on and saying it looks pretty....they fail to mention a few limitations that might be important to some users.  The retina iMac does not support Target Display Mode, and it cannot drive external 4K displays, even though it has the power to run an internal 5K display.  The limitation is the DisplayPort 1.2 standard....
Not all apps and developers have their apps in the AppStore.  Some apps are crippled because of Apple's sandbox requirements, and therefore, offer the full-featured app at the developer site.  A perfect example is the very popular, GraphicConverter.  The App Store version is crippled due to Apple's requirements, so most buy the full-featured version directly from the developer.  From the developer's site: The Mac App Store version has some restrictions due the Apple...
You still cannot read.  He gave Apple notice two weeks ago once it was discovered, and he won't reveal how the exploit works until January.  This gives Apple 90 days to issue a patch before anyone knows how it works. "In a security context, "responsible disclosure" generally means that researchers who discover a serious flaw will notify the software vendor with details at least 90 days before publicly disclosing how the flaw actually works and how it can be exploited,...
Others have agreed that the red, now yellow/orange barf, and green buttons are too small and the pastel colors are annoying.  The green button used to resize a window based on contents, now goes full screen mode.  Now you have to click and drag the window to adjust the size, rather than the one-click of the green button.  The all-white and completely flat look is irritating.  The new white text for desktop items completely washes out if you have a background with light or...
Mavericks offered nothing of value, except for numerous bugs in mail that took 3 to 4 patches to almost get right.  Yosemite with Continuity make the upgrade worth it.  Nice to be able to answer the iPhone or make calls if the phone is in the other room.  I avoided Mavericks and tested Yosemite on an external drive for a few days, to make sure Mail was stable.  One downside is the loss of iMovie HD 6, which no longer works.  But an external drive with Snow Leopard always...
Anyone waving an iPad at a pay terminal would look like a complete retard anyway, just like they do holding them up to take pictures. More people carry their iPhones with them, not an iPad.
My 6 Plus 128 GB works fine with over 200 apps. Never crashed or rebooted spontaneously.  Mine was also not one of the first batches of iPhones.  The only problem I had was the inability to sync apps over USB.  It would freeze after a few apps.  It only worked over Wi-Fi sync.  Odd behavior, but once all the apps were done over Wi-Fi, all the other media worked fine over USB.  That was with 8.0.2, so don't know if 8.1 fixed that since all my apps are already on the...
You make no sense, and never have.  Why should one iPad be crippled in performance simply because one offers a smaller screen than the other?  Both should have the same performance with different screen options….they are the same device, an iPad.  It was $100 cheaper because the display and manufacturing were cheaper.  Why do you not understand that?  Now Apple shot themselves in the foot with the iPad Mini 3 because no one will spend $100 more for a fingerprint button and...