or Connect

Posts by hillstones

You are correct.  Steve Jobs said in the 2005 WWDC keynote that OS X set up Apple for the next twenty years.  It is funny when fanbois can't comprehend that 10 follows 9.  The fanbois got their panties in a bundle when OS X Tiger went from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 and 10.4.11.  They insisted that 10.5 followed 10.4.9.
Apple Mail with gmail works fine in Mountain Lion.  The problems started with Apple Mail in Mavericks, and it is ridiculous that it continues to be a problem after two software updates.  One of the main reasons why I will not run Mavericks.  I work for a small company and we use gmail for all of our work…so unreliable email is a deal breaker and the web version is crap.  Maybe Apple will fix it one of these days with the many soon to be released point updates.
You cannot keep buying something over and over again on iTunes, unless you are using multiple AppleIDs.  It is linked to the AppleID purchase, which is free, not the number of downloads from the same AppleID.
They already hit the $2M mark and they are continuing to donate over that goal from continued downloads until midnight.
Keep dreaming.  The Apple-branded TV is vaporware.  This rumor site has been beating that one to death.  Notice no one ever talks about it anymore?  Most would prefer to have a TV be a monitor only and connect external components.  If one goes bad or needs upgrading, you don't have to toss the TV because of a built-in outdated feature.  The rumors were also claiming the TV would only be in the 40s range for size, and that is much too small for a real home theater.  It's as...
They still dominate the business world and will continue to dominate the business world, whether you believe it or not.  So they are doing something right with their "peddling a PC interface".  Many people still prefer using PCs, whether you believe it or not.
Have you ever heard of the iPhone 3G and 3GS?  Those sold like crazy and they were made with plastic, and came in two colors.
Well said.  The other guy has no idea what he was talking about.  The SE/30 and Iici are considered the best Macs ever made.  The Iici was on the price list for 4 years.  Steve Jobs' had a few major flops…the G4 Cube and the Flower Power and Dalmatian iMacs were complete failures.
The first feature I disabled in iOS 7.  All that did was drain the battery with constant updates.  If you have a lot of apps, which are receiving updates almost daily, it will drain your battery quickly.  I will get updates when I tell iTunes and iOS to get updates…I don't want constant downloads going on in the background if I am doing something else on my network.  Apple doesn't read AppleInsider.  Use the feedback feature at Apple.com.