or Connect

Posts by hillstones

The new iMac is a fat-ass in the back. The alleged 5mm thinness is misleading.  Only the very edge of the iMac is 5mm, the rest of the back panel balloons out to support the components, such as a 3.5 HD in the 27" model and crippled laptop drive in the 21.5.  Apple's website intentionally doesn't show the rear of the machine from the side.  But when Schiller spun it around during the keynote, it is the same thickness as the previous models, they just tapered out the edge...
AAC 256 is not a high bit rate.  Albums that I really like, I will use Apple Lossless.  Therefore, I rip the CD at the method I choose.  There are older, out of print CDs that are not available on iTunes, but still can be found through other sources, like eBay and Amazon used market.  Need a CD drive for that.  Adding clutter to your desk with external drives has never been Apple's mantra...but I guess it is now.  I am surprised Apple didn't make the hard drive external....
You are so full of BS.  You are so clueless that you don't even realize that the optical drive is dual layer, so you can store 8 GB of data on a DVD.  Low durability?  Where is your evidence to prove that?  I have CD-Rs and DVD-Rs that are over 10 years old and in perfect condition, just like the data stored on them.  Just because you drink the Apple Kool-Aid, doesn't mean everyone else in the world thinks the removal of an optical drive in a DESKTOP computer is a wise...
Yes, in the 21.5 model only.  Most likely because it is a 2.5 laptop drive because they made a DESKTOP machine so damn thin for no reason.  The 27 model is bigger and fatter, so they squeezed in a standard 3.5 7200 RPM drive.  Also, hop over to Apple's website and the 21.5 model does not have user upgradable RAM, only the 27" offers that.
Basically you are someone that has no appreciation for music, or appreciate an artist's body of work.  Neither do your friends, family, or co-workers.  Apparently, you don't like anyone that appreciates music.  You think everyone buys a song or two from an artist, so iTunes should cater to your needs only.  Can you name any artists that only release a song or two for a career, because you believe that musicians ditched the "cohesive and linear album" concept?  Are you...
So they took the iPad 2 and grafted a smaller screen on it.  That is nothing impressive.  Apple already has an iPad Mini, it is called the iPod Touch.  They both do the same thing.  4:3 aspect ratio, still?...how forward thinking of them.  Another version of the iPad that will be terrible for watching video.  
The retina models are a joke.  At an arm's length, you can't tell the difference between the standard MacBook Pro and the MacBook Pro with Retina.  It is not like holding an iPhone or iPad in your hand, closer to your eyes, to see the higher resolution benefits.  The MacBook Pro Retina display is also scaled, and not set at its native resolution.  If you set it at the super high res native resolution, you can't read anything.  It is also overpriced.  Even Apple realized...
  Incorrect.  The 13" MacBooks never had discrete graphics.  They always had integrated graphics with shared system memory.  The Nvidia 9400M and 320M graphics were not discrete, they were integrated chips that shared system memory.  Only the 15" and 17" models had discrete graphics, as well as the older iBook and PowerBook models.
The iPod Touch 5th Gen 32 GB and 64 GB models are the SAME price as the iPod Touch 4th Gen with the same sizes.  Your article is misguided into making the reader believe that the price has increased, when it has not.  Apple chose to keep the 4th gen model as an entry level model, which makes sense.  Most people purchased the 32 GB model anyway, and will continue to do so.  It is pathetic that you had to go to an Apple Store to review the iPod Touch 5, shown with the...
You are wrong.  The iPod Touch 4th Gen has a 0.7 MP rear camera, and a VGA 640x480 0.3 MP front camera.