or Connect

Posts by hillstones

Incorrect.  The 13" MacBooks never had discrete graphics.  They always had integrated graphics with shared system memory.  The Nvidia 9400M and 320M graphics were not discrete, they were integrated chips that shared system memory.  Only the 15" and 17" models had discrete graphics, as well as the older iBook and PowerBook models.
The iPod Touch 5th Gen 32 GB and 64 GB models are the SAME price as the iPod Touch 4th Gen with the same sizes.  Your article is misguided into making the reader believe that the price has increased, when it has not.  Apple chose to keep the 4th gen model as an entry level model, which makes sense.  Most people purchased the 32 GB model anyway, and will continue to do so.  It is pathetic that you had to go to an Apple Store to review the iPod Touch 5, shown with the...
You are wrong.  The iPod Touch 4th Gen has a 0.7 MP rear camera, and a VGA 640x480 0.3 MP front camera.
They forgot Streetviewer, which brings back Street View to iOS 6, by accessing the Google data.
The maps in iOS 6 is so bad, they could not even get Los Angeles right.  Hello...major metropolitan city and they got that wrong.  Compare the LA Zoo in both Google and Apple Maps.  The Apple Maps doesn't even have a parking lot completed, and the streets are incomplete.  I am going to the LA Zoo this weekend to catch the shuttle to the Hollywood Bowl.  If I use Apple Maps, it won't get me there because Apple Maps think some streets are not yet completed.  Google Maps...
They didn't use lube.
That is what Apple did.  They took years to develop the app now featured in iOS 6.  So after years of development, you got an app that has less features than the one it replaced.  Apple used their cash to acquire a variety of map service companies.  Their app didn't take a day to develop, although it functions like an app that only took a day.
Turn by turn navigation is, and was already available on the iPhone by many different app vendors, so this argument doesn't make sense.  The other app vendors have better solutions than Apple's sad attempt with Maps in iOS 6.
  The sad reality is that Google Maps in the iPhone 1.0, 5 years ago, was far better and had more features than the pathetic Apple Map in iOS 6.  So you think the Apple Map will be better in 2 years compared to what Google Map was 8 years ago?  That is not an improvement.  Apple admitted that their Map app was an inferior product in their latest press statement.  Too late for Apple on that one.  They should have kept the Google Map app and released their app as a beta...
"It (Apple) wanted to show off an amazing Maps experience that raised the bar and would leave Google scrambling to port a good enough version of its own maps to compete with it."   Now that is the funniest BS line I have ever read.  Unfortunately, that did not happen.  They ended up with a Map app that is lacking in features.  The majority of satellite data in Apple's map is low resolution, compared to Google which has had high resolution satellite images for years....