or Connect

Posts by hillstones

The new iPod touch 128GB is a step in the right direction as a replacement for the discontinued iPod classic.  The problem with the iPod classic, besides the hard drive which could fail, was the outdated software.  The iPod dedicated OS had not been updated since 2009, and it will never be updated.  New cars with USB integration, do a better job supporting iOS devices than they do the iPod OS.  Also, the flash memory is much faster too.  I ordered a 128GB iPod Touch to use...
Wrong on all counts.  Many people have a dedicated iPod in their car, one that is high capacity for all their music.  Did you know Apple has the AppleTV and Apple Watch lumped in the 'other' category on their financial reports, along with the iPod?  Did you know Apple sold over 14M iPods in 2014?  Apple sold 2M AppleTVs in 2013, and only 20M units total since 2007.  So Apple does consider the iPod an important product even if they moved the sales figures to the 'other'...
Excessive battery drain with 8.4 that did not exist on 8.3, both on iPad Air and iPhone 6 Plus.  Rolled back the iPhone 6 Plus to 8.3 and no more excessive battery drain.  I had a problem with photos not deleting on the iPad Air so it is now stuck with 8.4 on the restore, no thanks to Apple killing off 8.3.  So the iPad suffers from battery drain.
Use the Personal Hotspot feature on the iPhone to allow the iPod Touch to handle your texts, browsing, music, podcasts, etc.  You would conserve battery on the iPhone with the display off and only being used as a hotspot while the iPod Touch handles the rest of your extra activities.  AT&T offers hotspot for free now with their new plans.
You got that right.  Apple needs another high capacity music player for those that take their music library with them...including vacations, etc.  The cloud is horse-shit...look what it did to iTunes libraries with their crap Apple Music service.  Destroyed them.  Some people vacation in places without reliable internet service, so local storage is highly desired, as well as driving around in the car and experiencing spotty cell service with an iPhone.  Not everyone has...
You are obviously not old enough to know when Apple's software products were highly regarded, and they did "just work".  Define a "long time" that you have been using Apple products.  My guess is only a few years.  Your opinion is completely wrong if you think Apple's software and hardware is solid with features, flexibility, usability, design, UI.  You have no idea what you are talking about, and nothing to support your opinion. If you want evidence, learn how to use...
Many businesses use OpenOffice or LibreOffice, which both of course are free alternatives to MS Office.  Also available on the Mac too.  Apple's iWork is a useless suite of programs, especially when Apple stripped them of features that people used.  They can give them away now with a Mac purchase, but very few people actually use them.  I don't believe in rental software, so I picked up one of the last remaining copies of the three-license MS Office 2011 suite a few years...
All you said was, "As a musician, I don't care how it sounds, as long as it is good enough in my opinion".  If your idea of being a musician is to follow an AI member's misguided belief about no one caring about sound quality, then you must be a lousy musician.  Why do you think vinyl is making a huge comeback?  Because vinyl always sounded better than CD and digital files.  People who appreciate music, also appreciate sound quality.  They don't want music that sounds...
Oh hell yes!  Both my iPad Air and iPhone 6 Plus exhibited faster battery drain with regular use.  None of that Apple Music crap either.  Email and phone calls, just as before, drained the battery faster.
Maybe you should read what pmz says because he believes the user has no right to decide what OS they run, and you apparently agree with him claiming "it's my device" is horse-shit.  Guess what?  I decide what OS I choose to run on my Mac and my iOS devices.  If I choose to run an OS that is more stable, faster and more features, than I am NOT upgrading, and Apple cannot force that.  I run 10.4 Tiger on my QuickSilver G4 because it is faster and more stable than Leopard.  I...