or Connect

Posts by hillstones

Not true.  Many items less than $35 qualify for free shipping on Amazon.  I guess it depends where you live, but their super saver shipping is quite fast, less than a week for delivery by USPS.  Apple's cheapest cable is $19.
Especially when Aperture is a free program thanks to Mavericks and the App Store activating the trial version making it a purchased app for Snow Leopard and up.  iWork no longer exists now that each program is free on its own.  Apple no longer calls it iWork.
Easy….when the heat turns on, Google will send ads for sweaters and jackets.  When the AC goes on, you will get ads for shorts and swimwear.  It has an LCD display, it can display any advertisement it wants.  Nest is a joke anyway.  You can temperature control your house with a programmable thermostat for far less.  When you are not home, it won't go on, when you come home, you can set it to turn on 15 minutes earlier.  Better savings without Nest trying to figure out when...
That terminal hack doesn't work. Restart your Mac and the User folder will disappear once again. Chris Breen at Macworld confirmed it.
Latest reports confirm the User folder on the root level disappears for many users after installing 10.9.3. Read about it on Macworld. Not to be confused with Apple's dumb idea to hide the user's Library folder since Lion, now the entire User folder goes missing.
Wow, you have no sense of humor! Congratulations.
iTunes 11.2 also got released today, mostly with Podcast feature updates.   No problems with AirPlay Mirroring…love how people claim there is a problem, yet they cannot describe any problem.  Of course Mountain Lion is far more stable than Mavericks.
My original Mac Plus next to my 2011 iMac 27", duplicating the photo for the Mac's 30th Birthday.  The Plus works for about 20 minutes before the analog board starts to warm up and blur the display.  Sits on my bookshelf.
Install the free Mode32 software and the ROM was patched, and the SE/30 supported a whopping 128 MB of RAM for its era.
The Mac Plus supported 4 MB of RAM, and it shipped with 1 MB standard.