or Connect

Posts by hillstones

No longer true on the 18 months.  That ended over a year ago.  ATT now requires the full 24 month contract to be fulfilled before an unlock request will be granted.  I just had ATT unlock my two-year old iPhone 4S so I could sell it on eBay when the new iPhone 6 comes out.  I don't know what this law does since the phones can be legally unlocked by the carrier once you satisfy your subsidy/contract requirement.  If you want to buy an unlocked phone, you still can, but you...
  Not true iaeen.  If you pay the full price of the handset, it does not have a two year contract attached to it.  Taken straight from Apple's website, "The unlocked iPhone includes all the features of iPhone but without a wireless contract commitment. You can activate and use the unlocked iPhone on the supported GSM wireless network of your choice, such as AT&T or T-Mobile in the United States. The unlocked iPhone will not work with CDMA-based carriers, including Sprint...
Apple is the one that continually sues Samsung, not the other way around.  Apple needs to end their obsession and just let them make phones.  People are smart enough to decide which phone they want.  Apple gave up fighting Microsoft years ago, and now look at their relationship.  If Apple releases larger iPhones, then they would be jumping on the bandwagon that other phone manufacturers started years ago.  You cannot dispute that.  I am looking forward to a 4.7" model to...
 Apple Maps was a disaster and it used outdated map information at launch, even in major metropolitan areas.  It lacked public transit information, making it useless for many users.  In case you forgot, Apple admitted Maps was a failure at launch and recommended many other map products in the app store as a solution.  Forstall was fired because of it.  Wake up to reality because it was a fact. Now that Apple will switch to using their Maps for Find my iPhone, now no one...
The Samsung haters need to get a life. They provide resources for Apple. Samsung isn't the only company that makes a touchscreen phone, but no one complains about those other companies. It is a phone, get over it. It is no different than all the car manufacturers making cars with commonly known elements.
This is a rumor site, they have no skills in fact checking because it is not required for the content they publish.
AIM is required for screen sharing, so don't be bashing Apple for supporting it.
 Mail worked perfectly with Mountain Lion and earlier, and they broke it with Mavericks, publicly admitting Mail did not work correctly.  Have you been living in a hole in the ground, or have you failed to pay attention to THREE patches to try and fix Mail?  All issued by Apple.  Funny that you claim Mavericks is perfect, yet you have posted many rants that iBooks did not work correctly.  Yet you attack anyone that has problems with Mail.
Apple does not work that way anymore.  They never fixed any of the problems with Lion, and instead they dumped it and moved forward with Mountain Lion.  At least current updates are free and they don't charge you again to fix their earlier mistakes.  They are dumping Mavericks and all its problems and moving forward with Yosemite.
It is quite disturbing to see how many people are oblivious on this forum.  Some think there will be a replacement for Aperture, and no one knows what it will be.  Read the article.  Photos for OS X (Yosemite) replaces both iPhoto and Aperture.  Apple is merging the two apps into one.  It is crystal clear what Apple is doing with both iPhoto and Aperture.  They are killing off those apps for a new inferior app, dumbed down to look and function like iOS...