or Connect

Posts by hillstones

Other reports also indicate the return of the Camera Roll in the Photos app with iOS 8.1. Using an iPhone 6 Plus with 8.0.2, the Camera Roll 'album' is not present in the Photos app, but if you connect the iPhone and open Image Capture to transfer photos to the Mac, the images displayed are all the images that were in the Camera Roll album from the backup, in addition to all new photos that were taken with the iPhone. So the Photos app knows which photos belong in the...
Except these so-called techies have no idea what they are talking about.  The Flashback.K variant, which was a java exploit, was able to install itself in OS X without an administrator password. http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/04/mac-trojan-exploits-unpatched-java-vulnerability-no-password-needed/
It is a third-party app called Mailbox.
Another one of your silly rants?  Anyone in a work environment uses the screensaver with password lock, so when they leave their desk they can invoke the screensaver to prevent unauthorized access by another employee.  The screensaver would also indicate to others that the employee is still at the office.  A message could be used on the screen to indicate when they return.  The name has never changed because the term "screensaver" has been known for decades.
There was no "plasticgate" when Apple switched to a plastic back with the 3G and 3GS. Those cracked easily if you dropped them, or the thin plastic cracked around the 30-pin connector. Look at all the cracked screens on all phones when people drop them. Glass breaks, aluminum bends with excessive force, and plastic can crack. People need to take better care of their electronic devices. People can break anything with enough force. And apparently, 9 gay boys in skinny...
No, they can't. They need to make money too.
I agree with you.  That is why I downgraded my 4S.  Apple should have made iOS 8 for the iPhone 5 and above, since those have an A6 chip or better, and a larger screen.  Then you could at least continue to restore an iPhone 4S with 7.1.2 if something goes wrong down the road.  But now you can no longer do that troubleshooting task.  iTunes will force the 4S to upgrade to 8 if a restore is needed, since Apple stopped signing 7.1.2.  my iPhone 6 Plus is on the way, so not...
I downgraded my 4S to 7.1.2 because 8 was not a pleasant experience.  Typing response was very slow and the new keyboard features takes up too much screen real estate, leaving very little room to see what you are typing.  Since 8 was the final version for the 4S, Apple seems to have a track record of the final version not running very well on minimum devices.  Same was true with the 3GS and 4, and their final versions.  The 4S was much more speedy once 7.1.2 was...
A new demographic of senior users.  The author has no concept of reality.  Maybe someone at AI can tell the author that the majority of the population begin to lose their up-close vision at 40, and that is not considered a "senior user".
You hit all the valid points.  The fanatics just can't seem to comprehend that.  It is not very inspiring.  It is a rectangle with a black square.  I have had plenty of other watches that had more style.  Recharging every night is ridiculous battery life.  People complain about their iPhone batteries dying quickly with every iOS update, or when the phones get a few years old.  My 4S battery won't last the day.  Telling people a brand-new product requires nightly recharges...