or Connect

Posts by hillstones

All Apple products always sell very well on eBay. You always get low balled on these trade-in programs because they need to make a profit when they re-sell the products.
I am surprised you guys continued to feed that troll instead of ignore him. Saw the iPad Air last night and you do need to hold it to believe it. It was like holding the mini for the first time compared to the brick of the prior iPads. I am considering selling my iPad mini for the Air, because the Air is as beautiful as the mini and only slightly heavier, but not by much. Easily held with one hand. The A7 in the Air is so fast, especially compared to the A5.
Did you fail math?  10 comes after 9.  Don't know why some of you can't comprehend 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 to indicate 10th, 11th, and 12th update versions of software, should it continue that far.  Some fanbois went ape-shit when Mac OS X Tiger went from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 to 10.4.11.  They could not comprehend that Tiger had 11 bug-release fixes.  They insisted that 10.5 came after 10.4.9.
Right-click (or control-click) on the update in the Mac App Store and choose Hide Update.  You won't see it again.  
The Kevo was featured on Shark Tank and they liked the product, but not the $219 price.  I would never buy one when a regular Kwikset lock is far cheaper.  That was the sharks' reasoning as well.  I do not want a lock that requires batteries, and as mentioned above, you have to touch the lock to activate it so you might as well have your key in hand and open the door 3 seconds faster, and with much less noise.
I love how the AppleInsider website is NOT Mavericks-compatible.  If you edit your post, the web content crashes in the new Safari and you get a message, "A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded" then you get the prompt to send a crash report to Apple.  Your edit is saved, but the page content crashes and re-loads.
Here is what I found in the Apple Discussion Forums regarding the new, and undesirable Finder window behavior:   The command-double-click and option-double-click and contextual menu behavior depends on the a Finder Preference settings.   When "Open folders in tabs instead of new windows" is checked: - command-double-click opens the folder in a new tab in the same window - option-double-click opens the folder in a new window and closes the previous window -...
Mavericks not so great here.  2011 iMac 27" and 2011 MacBook Pro.  Upgraded from Mountain Lion and the Finder does not work as expected.  Finder tabs don't work and I cannot open separate windows, regardless of the Finder Preference for "Open Folders in Tabs instead of new windows".  It is working as if the setting was to show one window only, in previous versions of OS X.  As I open folders, tabs are not created and new windows are not created.  Even if I show the tab...
You really have no idea what you are talking about.  Did you know there was a small amount of iPhone 4s that had bad proximity sensors?  Did you know there was a small amount of iPhone 5s that had cameras that could not focus correctly?  Now there are iPhone 5Ss that have bad gyroscopes.  AppleInsider did not bother to report on the bad gyroscopes, but many others did, with proof. http://gizmodo.com/the-iphone-5s-motion-sensors-are-totally-screwed-up-1440286727