or Connect

Posts by hillstones

AI feeds a lot of misinformation. First of all, the Cinema Display in 1999 did not have a DVI connection. It used Apple's ADC connector, which connected to the Power Macs and G4 Cube. You needed a $99 adapter if you wanted to use an ADC display with DVI. Later models of the Cinema Display switched to a standard DVI connection. Second, AI claims that Apple could have used the DVI connection to avoid HDCP protection. Wrong again. ANY digital connection is subject to...
I guess none of you people read MacWorld magazine. They featured an article with Steve Jobs himself that said Apple has no interest in making a Netbook at this time, however, they are watching the market to see if it is successful. If the Netbook becomes a popular option, they have some good ideas. Based on the parameters of a Netbook: small, low powered, feature-less portable; Apple already has a laptop that meets those parameters: their overpriced MacBook Air. ...
I agree. The trade shows are pretty pointless these days, any kind of trade show. Now with the internet and streaming video, Apple could save a bundle and do the keynote on their own campus. They broadcast it over the internet and make it available for download on iTunes for anyone to watch in the comfort of their own home. Why waste money for the ticket and travel when you can get all the details over the internet, and then visit a company's website for more info? Now...
The RED iPod is not a special edition. The RED iPod supports a non-profit group. Many companies offer Product Red items. I wouldn't really call that a special edition model. The Harry Potter iPod was odd indeed. It was a standard 4th gen and 5th gen iPod that looked like any other iPod until you flipped it over, but you could only buy it if you also bought the entire audiobook collection. I don't think it was very popular since it required such a significant extra...
You are correct. I got my Moto RAZR v3 for FREE with my 2 year Cingular, then ATT contract. It was a well built phone compared to the POS LG phone I had. Even though it was mostly plastic, it was very durable and reliable. But when the phone originally came out, it was $499.
Oh really? No special editions of anything? There was the 20th Anniversary Mac, only 10,000 made, which qualifies as a special edition. The Mac TV, same reason. The graphite iMac in 1999 was called the Special Edition, and the iBook Graphite in 2000 was also called the Special Edition. Let's not forget the three iPod U2 Special Edition models. Outside the US, there was the Performa 5400/180 Directors Edition (in black), and the PowerBook 550c. However, it would be...
Not to bring in politics, but this thread is about ADVERTISING, nothing more, so this does apply. In CA during the last election, the supporters of Prop 8 spent over $70 million dollars to push this proposition. It was the most money ever spent on a proposition, and of course that money could have been much more useful in other areas. Anyway, every night during primetime TV you saw almost 3x as many commercials persuading people to vote yes on 8. Their angle was to use...
Apple is being singled out because they have the most money in their wallet right now, compared to other providers. That is what lawyers do. All they want is their cut of attorney fees. They don't give a shit about their client. I did insurance claims for 15 years. Some of the lawyers never even met their "clients" that were claiming injury. Here is the best part, if the policy was cancelled and no coverage existed, the attorneys immediately dropped their clients...
They are quoting Apple's response in the lawsuit. Read the article.
However, the iPhone is twice as fast as the original iPhone. I have done side by side comparisons and web pages loaded about twice as fast on 3G compared to mine on Edge. Of course we are dealing with the internet, so some pages take longer to load than others, and network traffic affects everything, not just cell phones.