or Connect

Posts by BoC

Interesting that Samsung & Google appear to be fighting the battle for the low cost devices. Tizen is Samsung's attempt to differentiate. Google's attempt is even tighter contract limitations. Sounds like Samsung has realized you can't deal with Google and must strike out on their own to become vertically integrated like Apple.
Analysts may be confused or uncertain, but consumers know. They speak to and discuss with friends and co-workers. Computer users everywhere know quality and they know malware problems. They know effects of phishing and malware crap. That Apple is benefiting from consumers figuring out the right answer is not surprising.
Analysts may be confused or uncertain, but consumers know. They speak to and discuss with friends and co-workers. Computer users everywhere know quality and they know malware problems. They know effects of phishing and malware crap. That Apple is benefiting from consumers figuring out the right answer is not surprising.
Chess time for an interim move. Long term, I would guess Apple does its own LCD facility somewhere in Asia. They have the volume/need to do it. Samsung either sells to Apple or Apple bails at some point. Pure guess is that a future version of advanced AMOLED may be what Apple wants before ordering a factory.
Can't tell you how many people I know who use Samsung & Windows who pooh-pooh the idea of a phishing-botnet-malware attack on their equipment. I've almost given up talking about it except in a new business startup where some people from "corporate America" think Windows is the only way to get things done.
As if "metal" is going to change a person's mind in picking a safe, secure, integrated ecosystem, curated App smartphone??? Given Samsungss warnings to 'analysts', & Woz's rejection of their Galaxy Gear watch, I don't think Apple has anything to fear.
gwydion; I think the overview on Android exploits is here: http://www.cio.com/article/748604/6_Out_of_10_Android_Apps_a_Security_Concern
Banking Malware Source:  http://www.technologyreview.com/graphiti/528306/malware-on-the-move/   Indeed as the other commenter noted, it may be phishing attacks are significant.   However, there are reportedly huge % of Android marketplace apps infected with malware designed to do keylogging.   Hence, phishing is hardly the only way Android users get screwed over because of a lack of a controlled and mediated app marketplace.
Meanwhile, in the real world, banking theft malware has tripled in 6 months. Good luck Google for promoting something so insecure your customers could loose more in one hack that it cost them to buy your phone!
I call BS. You can't do spectroscopic analysis to tell just what is in drinks and know it is accurate unless you can do calibration. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you need to tell it that you are drinking a "diet Coke" for it to give any half-way decent results.