or Connect

Posts by BoC

Well, we are sure going to miss you as you migrate back to your employer, Samsung.
We started talking about essentially Helvetica Neue and its thin lines.  Just like with car dashboards, a lot of people who use computers do NOT have 20/20 vision.   Cars have another unique user situation that young people don't appreciate.  Many older people have 'night time blindness' as their vision is far less clear in reduced illumination.  There is more than one form of night vision problem.   Asians may have some driving issues, but where I live, the most...
Even with good eyes at distance & reading distance, I have black control knobs with grey lettering and little indistinct marks that are virtually unreadable at night, particularly with oncoming headlights.   Well designed newer cars have backlighted knobs and buttons eliminating part of the problem.   LCD screens with thin or otherwise tough to read type can be a problem at night.
It is easy for young designers not to think of how older people with limited vision deal with difficult type faces. Toyota used to make their designers wear glasses smeared with vaseline to let them see if they could operate controls inside of Toyota vehicle mockups.
I need to verify before I buy. Software and hardware need to work well with OpenGL and Windows 10 for 3D CAD design and animation. That goes for the existing models and the next generation.  The combination of Mac OSX, Video HDwr/Sftwr, Boot Camp, Windows, CAD software & addons, Windows utilities all need to run fast and smooth. When I can verify first hand that everything is smooth, I'll move up.
Yup, not a great leap here.  Think I'll get an Apple Refurb and look at it as a backup for the next Skylake generation out around Christmas.
The question is not whether the 15" MBPro 2015 model will be better, but just how much better. We know the SSD speeds are up with the prior 13" model released earlier. Now I'ld like to know if graphics hardware & software has been updated as that can become touchy in higher end apps and Windows work. A bunch of fixes to Yosemite would be a welcome upgrade, too. Hoping for the best in a stable workhorse MBPro.
It is known how many watts can be generated per square foot of surface facing the Sun. You can't get more than the theoretical out of leaves facing the sun. Something smells fishy here.
There are always issues to improve speed & quality in the first run of products, but the production has been ongoing for months, so I doubt anything serious has suddenly "popped up" since these issues would be known from the start of trial runs. I call BS.
If you give up your source code to your Internet infrastructure hardware, what else do you have left that is proprietary? Seems like that is the end of Cisco hardware in China.