or Connect

Posts by BoC

Referring to Apple as hogging the "lathe" supply to make cases means that not a single such author has ever watched Apple's video on making the MacBook Pro and Air cases. They use a CNC milling machine.
[QUOTE=AppleInsider;1740797]Rumors that Bill Gates secretly uses a MacBook are not true, as Apple products never breach his doorstep, according to his wife. Apple products in Gates household "There are very few things that are on the banned list in our household," she said. "But iPods and iPhones are two things we don't get for our kids." *** So Bill & Melinda are DELIBERATELY HANDICAPPING THEIR KIDS LEARNING & social abilities by restricting them to using the...
is not a game destroying or changing revelation for users or Apple, in my opinion. We could guess a better screen, faster processor, extra camera, & so on, as odds-on guesses. What will change the game a lot is if we see a version for Verizon, Sprint, etc. & also the slightly rumored iPhoneMini (for lack of a better word), with reduced functions for seniors and kids, (maybe or maybe not).
Yes Palm is gone because: 1. Limited capital to enable a 'next breakthrough' (they attempted a 'next copy' which is not good enough. 2. No Jonathan Ives type designer on board 3. No wide-scope CEO to have 'future vision' 4. Competitors on all sides, iPhone at the high end, Moto/Samsung/Nokia on low priced models, etc.
Steve Jobs long ago stopped paying attention to the dozens of articles a month that get printed, one way or another. In the end he knows the more talk about him & Apple is just more free publicity. To put it another way, what if Your Business received as many online and print articles EVERY MONTH. You would be absolutely jumping for joy. I'm not worried that Steve will wind up like my departed relatives, because the people and methods he installed at Apple on his return...
Take a 5-7 year old Mac to the Apple Store and they will help you with your issues. I see it frequently when I visit to buy something. Take a 5-7 year old under-the-weather Dell that is wheezing and ask for advice & …? I think I may do it just to see what they tell me. If they have "The Right Stuff", then I'll admit they are "Raising the Bar". Unfortunately, I have never been able to describe MS & customer support in the same breath.
If Cook had to go into one of those companies & execute a slash and burn routine and preside over the endless hiring and rebuilding, he could take 3-5 years to turn around a company, if it is possible and wind up merely recreating what he has done at Apple. It would be iffy at best. If Cook stays at Apple, it looks like to me he will participate in moving Apple into being THE leading electronic device maker for the home and office environment when it comes to integrated,...
Microsoft is fighting to regain street cred & it is understandable, but it is not touting the OS, but hardware! In my mind Microsoft is attempting to convince users that all their past issues with its OS don't matter, by focusing on HARDWARE, which Microsoft has NO CONTROL OVER, and which attempts to submerge thought of the OS to invisibility. (I am forced to use Windows, so I do it on the MBPro.) My Dell laptops failed way too soon just like my older GM Suburbans...
Microsoft seems to think buyers are uninformed boobs who will just be persuaded by advertising crap. The new "pod" buyer is overwhelmingly educated by his peers and has used various playback devices and an advertisement is not likely to make a whit worth of difference at this point in history. Ballmer is clueless as are his minions. It is obvious, so why doesn't the media just say it. If I wanted to make a ZPod, I would look to beat Apple at its own game, not copy the...
The world is moving on and they have their head up on the top floor of some executive suite and never enter a Starbucks or any other business on the ground floor. Running down your competitor means you have nothing good to say about your own product. That is absolutely deadly. Glad I'm not on the top floor in Redmond when the results come in and the chairs start flying again.