or Connect

Posts by rok

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before, but my searches weren't turning up anything. Also, it seemed best to put it here under Gen Discussion rather than Genius bar, since I'm not haveing a "problem," per se. But Mods if it needs to move, I'll understand. Anyway, like the subject line says, how exactly does Steve et al. do the live interaction demos of the iPhone/iPod touch during keynotes? Now that the system is slightly more open than it used to be, I...
I agree with no-DRM, but Steve's oversimplifying the stats. Case in point, add in videos, photos, contacts and games, and suddenly that iPod may, in fact, be WAY more loaded with just 3% iTMS-puchased material than he lets on. I know my video iPod is about 50-50, iTMS purchases (BSG and Lost episodes, mostly, then a few albums I have purchased), then my photo library, then my ripped CD collection. Sure, I'm just a single data point, but I assume I am not the only one.
well, this means that the FULL boise state/oklahoma fiesta bowl i just bought off itunes two days ago would fill up 1/4 to 1/2 of the drive ALL BY ITSELF. it's nice that it does video, but you'll be swapping files off and on often to clear space to make it anything more than a cool feature that's underused. but it is one hell of a piece of hardware, the UI is really good (though the "ripple" from the online demos needs to be toned down a little... typing on the keyboard...
well, so much for ipods and itunes sales tanking... if my own individual experience/anecdotal evidence is any proof, every friggin' bipedal mammal got either/both an ipod and/or itunes gift card this holiday because the itunes music store keeps... timing... out... maybe it'll clear up later today. or at least even the load. of course, now everyone on the WEST COAST is probably opening their gifts as i type and starting the stampede all over again. groan.
wow, there were so many leaps in logic in that one statement to join the point A (premise) and B (conclusion), it should be an olympic sport (what would be a good name for an event takes a conclusion that is compiled of a ridiculous number of factors, yet boils it down to a rudimentary 1:1 factual-esque ratio, and dares you to waste scads of time trying to disprove it?). that post alone would take the gold medal.
i have to agree that, if you are a beatles fan, you likely have many of their albums on CD, and by now, if you have an iPod, you've ripped them to your iPod already. And plus, haven't every single studio recording, rarity, etc. already been released as well? so who exactly is left who will buy these tracks?
yep, i like appzapper too because, yes, you COULD find all of the .plist files and such associated with an app with a little work, but would you want to? now, technically, you can toss any app and just not care if you happen to catch all of its associated preference files and the like. they'll just sit there, not taking up too much room, and never really doing anything because you've cut off the head of the app by removing the main piece. but if you're a neatnik like me,...
one exception (sorta): educational store refurbs.
i was kinda hoping for discounts across the line, since i've been biding my time on a macbook pro for the deepest possible discount (i guess it makes sense to discount the consumer-level stuff, but still... pro's like a bargain, too!) now i get to wait and hope that refurbs of the core2 duo mbp'ss get in the channel pre-holidays. anyone know how long from release dates we usually see refurbs for sale? one month? two months? i figure the refurb discount essentially...
you're not alone. i have seen a sudden upsurge in spam the past few weeks, and leo laporte and the others on macbreak weekly have also mentioned a strange surge in spam recently. the annoying thing is i do the right thing every time, and forward the spam to spam@mac.com, with full headers, and even though the spam all seems to be almost EXACTLY the same (same screwed up spelling, same general phrasing and almost always very similar subject lines), apple's spam filtering...