or Connect

Posts by bcode

Give me table-numbers and customer-tabs and I'm fully and totally sold.
Horrible implementation, horrible idea, horrible everything.
  Curious if you purchased a standard configuration or did you get a Build-to-Order machine?
  It's half working...  Any songs that were already setup will still do their Gapless thing, but anything you add from here on out will not have the option to use Gapless playback, and you may not change the Gapless settings on already setup content.   Let's hope they are still working on it.
  Wow...  So, because you have a DVD player in your living room, and you continue to want to put DVD's into that machine .........  This suddenly makes using Optical Drives in an iMac less obsolete (because apparently the two are somehow related)?   If what you're really whining about is that you can no longer download pirated DVD content and burn it off to watch in your living room, then you need to either get more creative or start paying for your stuff.
  Firstly, if you're using the built-in speakers on an AIO and expecting awesome results then you're in for a big disappointment...  regardless of the manufacturer. Frankly, I've owned or used nearly every iMac iteration since it's inception and the sound and volume has always been lacking.  It's a desktop machine, which won't ever move; if decent sound is an important feature for you, simply buy some inexpensive Desktop Speakers with a dedicated sub-woofer and a couple...
Holy Octo-post Batman!
My hope is that they will use the event to introduce their new Desktop lineup and do a "One More Thing" at the end to introduce the iPad Mini. Tim hasn't done a "One More Thing" yet, and the last few keynotes that Steve did, didn't include it either -- I'd say we're due.
Obviously someone at Apple needed some negotiating power with Intel -- hence, the leak. True or not, I imagine there are a few execs at Intel who are not willing to "bet the farm" that the news is outright false.
The Maps database will likely not be updated on the Fly, each and every time they fix a single address. This is the sort of database that will only get updated once a month (or every couple of months), due to the massiveness of it, and the fragility of databases in general. I would look for updates at each Apple event throughout the year -- they will likely even announce them as they are released (particularly while they sort out some of the glaring issues).