or Connect

Posts by bcode

"Apple should make their maps better before competing with Google Maps." So... Sort of like they are doing now? maps.apple.com isn't accessible, so they aren't competing with Google Maps yet, and likely waiting until they have a more complete solution before flipping the switch.
The fact that most banking institutions in the US don't have a clue, is the reason that NFC is virtually irrelevant. I mean, seriously... You guys don't even have debit cards, or email money-transfers. NFC seems awfully far away.
  I don't see the Mini being replaced or dropped for a very long time.  It's the entry-level product, and while they don't hype it's release very often, it's the machine that gets low-spending PC users in the door...  Once they are hooked, we up-sell them to an iMac or MacBook.   Additionally, the Mini has become the new XServe for many small businesses...  It's the perfect server-box for anyone looking for basic server functionality, and at a bargain of a price too (I...
Steve Jobs told everyone how to get around this in the early days...  it's not that hard.   Purchase an album, burn to CD, re-rip to iTunes -- poof!  DRM-Free music.   The music industry will never sign-off on people "owning" the tracks they buy, so he'd better start buying blank CD's now.
  I understand the sentiment of this post, but it's completely short-sighted.  It would be great if we all lived in your perfect little city where every road and building has a name or number... Alas, my city is not so perfect.   Welcome to Halifax, NS...  Where half of the streets are not labeled, the street signage is like something out of 1910, not nearly enough commercial building display their numbers in visible locations, and there are more one-way streets than not...
To me, this shows a level of maturity that indicates that level-head prevail when rational conversations are had...  Even between Apple and Samsung.   It takes an awfully big person to sue a parent company for a record breaking amount (because they refused to negotiate or discuss reasonable solutions), only to turn around and order a record breaking number of parts from one of their subsidiaries.   I, for one, applaud Tim Cooks ability to keep business and...
  I'll see your static image, and raise you a gif:  
Wow.  I don't envy the Jury on this one...  A lot of responsibility riding on this decision.   I can't imagine they'll give them the whole 2.75bil, but I'm hoping they'll go for half of that at least.
  What I think a lot of people can't get their heads around is that all those pretty Apps that make the iPhone and iPad so popular...?  Are all built on a Mac.  Regardless of revenue, the desktop line of Macs will continue to get the public treatment, because they are excellent machines at entry-level prices -- and more Macs means more Apps.  Period.
  Word.