or Connect

Posts by bcode

I personally requested this functionally (using the official feedback channels and dev forums) over a year before his app was created - so I'm pretty sure Apple has been working on Wireless Sync much longer than that. So yes, he stomped and whined and got all the attention a little cry baby typically does. He'll be forgotten tomorrow though, like most cry babies are.
Um... Don't you mean 10 Gbps?It'd also be great to see more outlets talking about the bidirectional capability... 10Gbps is pretty great all on its own but 10Gbps full-blast, both directions is just plain awesome - like FireWire on super-roids.
You'll notice that, at no point in history has Apple offered more than one consumer version of an OS. There is simply Mac OS (versions 1-X)... Granted, since OS X came aboard they have had a "Server" version of their OS, but since Lion will implement all consumer/server functionality back into a single OS release, I think it's fair to say that Apple's strategy doesn't involve selling one piece of software in several different packages, anytime soon.I hope they never get...
My suggestion is start with the free Stanford courses on iTunes U (http://itunes.apple.com/ca/instituti...rd/id384228265). You can take everything from Intro to Programming, all the way up to Developing Apps for the iOS.
I just hope that OS X 10.7 (with it's built-in server software) and iOS 4.4 will be capable of wirelessly syncing my contacts and iCal events whenever my iPhone connects to my local WiFi network... Having to manually do this each time I make a new entry ensures I'll never use iCal for my day-to-day calendar.
I think you've nailed it on the head here... Likely, Apple is selling more 3G models than WiFi, since the majority of people looking for this kind of a device want an 'all-in-one' solution. The 3G model, with it's built-in aGPS and the possibility of using cellular data without a contract, offers just that.
The major downside here is that there is much more than Apps on the Downloads page. I often check out the Desktop Images and designer Icons available - it's really nice to have them all under one roof, instead of searching hap-hazardly all over the web. Perhaps the Mac App Store will continue to offer these categories, but it seems highly unlikely - and I've yet to hear tell of it so far.
But... Wouldn't it make it harder to change SIM's? I mean, with an integrated SIM, wouldn't I need to sync my phone or hookup to some software to make the change? Currently, I can just take the SIM card out and put another one in... how much easier does it get? Not to mention, wouldn't it be smarter to stop throwing away all those plastic cards that SIM cards come punched into and start using some sort of reusable option? F'n, money grubbing whiners didn't stop...
A quick google search will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the difference between 720p and 1080p is really only tangible on displays larger than 48". Since there are no 50" iMacs, I'd say Apple made the right choice and stayed clear of the "bag of hurt" that is blu-ray. The minority that chooses to buy 60" TV's can buy themselves a blu-ray player and spend retarded amounts on media. For the rest of us, we'll continue to enjoy our content the convenient way... ...
Indeed, I think it goes to show how concerned they were about the Newton mishap coming back to bite them in the ass... This time around they were obviously dead-set on controlling exactly who said what, and where.