or Connect

Posts by bcode

As an accomplished designer, I disagree with this statement whole-heartedly... While there are similarities in the new design to the iPad and current iMac lineup, there are major cosmetic differences in the new iPhone design that make it look unfinished and below the Apple standard. Admittedly, the outer shell will likely change somewhat between now and release - especially now that it's been leaked, but frankly, unless there are some significant upgrades in hardware, the...
People are really playing up the possibility of a leak - keep in mind: If you so much as send a txt msg to a friend about an unreleased product while working at Apple - you're fired. If you leave your work station without covering up the secret hardware you're working on, with the secret black blanket - you're fired (some projects are to be worked on, only while under the blanket, never to be exposed to the eyes of another employee). If you go through a secured door...
I think it's humorous that one person mentioned censorship and now it's an all argument about whether or not Apple should be allowed to censor apps. They are cracking down on apps that blatantly disregard the terms of the contract that each developer has to sign with Apple (I know, I'm one of them). If you choose to cheat, don't complain when you get caught. Do it right, write your own API's, or be more creative and use the ones you have access to. If you have a...
As Steve Jobs so eloquently put it - "I wasn't alive then, but from what I've heard, Babe Ruth only had one home run... He just kept hitting it over and over again."
Actually what they said was "The company not only buzzed everyone with the charming walkthough video -- a floating hand paging through SI on a sleek, black tablet (embedded after the break) -- but also had a live, functioning variation of the product up and running on a touchscreen HP laptop" The tablet is a fictional illustration that could very well be based on something that Apple is putting together.
Anyone else notice that the icons on the tablet are identical to those in the iPhone OS? The search, home and bookmarks icons are exactly replicas. I wonder if they had a little help with this demo from their friends at Apple.
Ya, I think the author has this all wrong. Apple will never release a TV, there are so many good TV's available and most people already own one. No, Apple will make the AppleTV box more attractive, by offering TV on demand... but the real way. The same shows we all watch everyday, only you don't pay for cable, you pay for an iTunes Cable Subscription and download the 10 or 12 shows you watch anyway - without commercials, stream while you download, save to your iPod,...
I recall Steve Jobs in the Snow Leopard keynote (I believe this was last january) saying that this version of OS X would be the last "Rapid Fire" release... as they realize that many industries can't keep buying a new OS every year. Because of this, I would bet 10.7 will not rear it's head for another year and a half... Unless, as some one mentioned, it's required for the tablet launch, which I highly doubt; We'll see 10.6.3 for the tablet launch, is my guess.
it's about bloody time!
Chalk another strike on the "disconnected developer" board... Took 2 days to upload my update. @komplex: I send an email to Apple regarding one of my team members that was unable to login to Connect a few months back... It took 7 weeks to get a reply. Obviously by that point, you would have either figured it out yourself or shot someone. Either way, you're right, Apple sucks at communication. Hard.