or Connect

Posts by valkraider

WTF are you doing with your phones and plugs?Our family had six iPhone fives, and now have six iPhone 5Ss. We also now have three iPads with lightning... None of us have problems with lightning falling out.Not at work, not in the car, not in the truck or camper - not even on our boat - and if choppy water can't dislodge the cable I'm sure it's pretty well connected.My cat likes to pull on the cords, pulling the phones off the table - also no issue with the cord...
The 5c is just a 5 with a colorful shell. So right now all the people who already have a 5 (most likely less than a year old 5) wouldn't be interested in the 5c really unless they really really wanted color. The fact that the "middle" tier of iPhone still increased year over year is probably significant. Also the fact that the 2 year old 4S is still selling well is also impressive, considering the new iPhones appeal... I think it's like this (noting I am not an...
I loathe GameCenter and Find My Friends. Some skeumorphism is OK, but those interfaces are so out of band that it is annoying. Skeumorphism needs to make sense. It shouldn't be there just because. Why the hell does Find my Friends need to be bound in leather? Are your friends located in the Necronomicon? GPS and location tracking are a *new* thing, there is no need to hide the modern aspect of the functionality. Game center at least relates to gaming in some fashion...
I read one book with iBooks on my iPhone, and went right back to the Kindle App. iBooks is slow and laggy, iBooks takes too many clicks to change from day to night text, and iBooks won't let me lock orientation in the app - instead it uses the system setting. Kindle app is fast, it loads books easily in 1/3 the time it takes iBooks to open. Kindle app turns pages crisply and instantly, iBooks lags. Kindle app lets me lock orientation in the kindle app itself, so...
After updating, I wish I could downgrade our two devices to 5. iOS 6 is buggy as hell. I would wait for 6.01 if I were you...
  Yes, you are missing the point.   (I mean that in the nicest possible way). For example, here are all of our bike routes:http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=38177   Routing for bicycle is different than car, some reasons people have already mentioned but also because many places there are streets which dead-end for autos but are open for bike/ped access.  The end of my street (for example) is a dead end for cars but has two paths which open to the next...
  Do you think you could convince some property owners of that?  Because I would really love a nice condo downtown but they are all way way out of my price range (unless I want to cram my family into a studio or small one bedroom).   Maybe they haven't heard that it is shabby...   I'll print out your post and show it to them when I make an offer on a condo - maybe they will come down a couple hundred grand...  
  Your comment pretty much exemplifies why people don't like Californians.
  I am not sure you actually know about this place.   But I live here.          OK, that is factual.           Well, it can be congested - but it is not a "residential neighborhood" despite the fact that tons of people I know live there.  It is a "mixed use" neighborhood, and we all love it there.         Not exactly.  You see - "infrastructure support" can mean so many things.         Well, no one is forcing you to drive.  You can walk, bike, bus, streetcar, or lightrail...
I can't believe people are worried about this.  There will be a Google Maps app, and you will be welcome to use it if you would like.  Apple cannot deny Google Maps, or they will be investigated again for anti-trust issues.  That is why we have a Google Voice app, a GMail app, a Google Latitude app, etc etc etc.  Apple already once got in hot water for denying apps that were competitors to their own products.  We now have an Amazon cloud music player app etc etc, we have...