or Connect

Posts by ahhk22

Actually Foxconn has already announced that they are making a huge investment in industrial robotics. 
I've received 3 iPhone 5 units from my carrier and returned them all because they contained scratches out of the box. Though some people say this is being petty, I think it's entirely normal to expect a brand new item to be scratch-free. Would you accept a newly purchased car with scratches? A handbag? Is it OK for a sandwich to have a bite taken out of it, since you were going to take that bite anyway? If you look at the demo units in stores, they are pretty heavily...
I don't think this is a problem that affects a limited number of units. I went to collect my pre-ordered black iPhone on Saturday and three consecutive units were unboxed with tiny scratches, and eventually the shop said that 3 was the limit that they could open for me, so I had to accept one or go back on the waiting list. I told them I didn't want it anymore. Posted about this on the forums, but it was promptly deleted.
I went to collect a pre-ordered black 32gb iPhone 5 at my carrier in Hong Kong and was given a phone with some tiny scratches near the screen. Their agent replaced it with a second phone that also had a small scratch. He then gave me a third phone, which he himself pointed out had a small scratch. I was then told that I would either need to accept one of the phones or pre-order again, since their policy only allows for three boxes to be opened for a particular customer....
The dock doesn't need to change because it's still a very functional design solution. But I say that the grid UI is dated because it doesn't allow you to receive summary information at a glance or manipulate apps without a lot of extra taps to find and launch them. I especially dislike the iOS notifications menu, which provides mostly notifications I don't care about, and then I have to try to tap the little x to clear them away. At least the android version gives you an...
It was a tough decision, but I've decided to buy the iPhone 5 (which I've pre-ordered and can pick up tomorrow) rather than wait till November for the Lumia 920. Having used WP7.5 most recently, the iOS interface now seems dated and static and I struggle to see what apple can do to refresh its user interface in future without going down the widget or live tiles route. That said, I was won over by the superior app selection, compatibility with all my other apple stuff and...
I'm generally an apple person. I use a Macbook Air, have an iPad and have owned an iPhone. The last phone I purchased was the Lumia 800, which was unfortunately lost on holiday recently. I actually like the Windows Phone OS quite a lot, though it is obviously not as polished an experience as you get with iPhone. With the Lumia 800, it was a bit frustrating that it took several software updates before the phone operated with all the originally advertised apps/features and...
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a curious problem I'm having with my Macbook Pro. I recently switched from a DSL to a cable-based broadband ISP. I continue to use the same Belkin wireless router. Everything was fine for a couple weeks. Then I started experiencing connection time outs and server not found errors after being connected for a while. I tried repairing permissions, deleting the airport preferences file from my systemconfiguration folder...no...