or Connect

Posts by dobby

Oh Poot, there I was thinking I had spotted a first.
(spotted in yahoo) Released today (22nd July), US Patent 8,787,006 below has a sketch for the iwatch.   http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&S1=08787006&OS=PN/08787006&RS=PN/08787006     At least it looks like a watch and not that skinny bracelet mockup thats been seen before.   Dobby.
Wouldn't the first PC item for an ARM CPU be the macbook air? its the closest thing you can get to an ipad (bit like an ipad with keyboard and usb plug), then say a the mac mini given its the low cost option and the lowest option on CPU anyway. A 4-8 socket board of A8 cpu's would be fine.   Dobby.
"Recent rumors have suggested Apple will join the list of electronics makers who are attempting to cash in on the consumer hype for wearable devices." This whole wearable devices only started to make tech site news or so called 'hype' and become visible since rumors or hints came out that Apple were looking into it.
I would expect an ipad mini (or large 3G ipod touch) to have a fair bit of media noise. The imac update and macbook 13" Retina would be less of a sensation so perhaps before the 25th to get Apple attention then ipad mini on a near date to pull attention.  Just holding out for a new imac so keen to get it before xmas.   Dobby
I need a new imac and happy not to have to pay extra $1500-$2000 just for a retina display. I could get a 13" macbook proc as well as the imac which would be perfect.   Dobby
I'm after a new ipod touch for the kids, iphone and imac so it would be great to get them before xmas.
Could be anywhere between Aug and Xmas. Probably with an updated imac and spin off on ipad. Holding off on buying a new phone just because of this dammit. Need a new imac as well. Bring it on...
I wonder if they will bring out a imac/tv hybrid? 42" imac would be great to combine as a tv.
But we do want a smaller tower. The mini is too restrictive and the pro is too expensive. The imac is nice but if I wanted a laptop CPU/GPU I would by a laptop. I want to be able to choose a proper graphics card or two even. I also want to be able to swap the hard drive.if I need to. Couldn't Apple do a headless macmidi or something that was between the min and the pro. bottom end of the pro CPU, 2 drives max (but with option of dvd if needed) and perhaps a slot for...