or Connect

Posts by MattRebs

Yah... but... you kept reading, right? I'm trying to point out a greater theory to Apple's vision, not doom and gloom over a name change. Y'know to spark discussion. I'm not worrying about Apple changing their products for better or worse, I'm highlighting a clearer definition of Apple strategy. So it sounds like You read "22," and came up with "47." I was trying to put a logical explanation behind something that did happen. For the past seven months Apple has been...
I'm still piecing some of this together, but I figured I'd get some of this thought into the forum so it could be discussed. A long long time ago apple introduced the "grid." It was Apple's product strategy that had a consumer side, a professional side, a top half for home products and a bottom for portables. It worked great for a while but Apple began growing out of that model. The G4 Cube, the iPod, and more recently the iPhone, MacBook Airs, iPad, AppleTV etc....
That little chart really kind of sums up a lot of apples business. I think Apple is in the right place to at the right time to get into the tv market, I'm really surprised TV makers like Samsung haven't been all over this. Samsung actually makes a decent tablet, probably the best of the bunch, and their tv's are world class. Its absolutely mind boggling why they haven't been able to nail this yet. But no worries. I'm sure apple will be totally ready when all the...
Nice! A great step to bright PC-Free iOS future. I wonder if there will be any way to setup Third Party routers? Would be nice, but probably unnecessary considering Airports tend to be pretty great routers anyway.
Just a small addition to my previous post. iWork was just released for iOS making it available for every Apple device. Think of the possibilities.. Creating a document in iOS on a train. Finishing it up at home your Mac. Having colleague's view and comment on the document in iWork.com (unless that's rolled into iCloud, likely) Getting back to work and printing it from iCloud.com This is the kind of the reason "The Cloud" makes everything better. Its all about...
...I think I get it. It's all about going Back to the Mac. Making Mac OS X more like iOS. With iCloud taking care of all the sync functions what is iTunes for? iTunes sole purpose is to purchase/rent media. It's soley a digital music store, more like iTunes in iOS. A single purpose app made for purchasing content. Let's take this logic one step further. Front Row is now gone. Could it be replaced with an iPod app, again like iOS. An app that would allow you to...
Clearly you've never seen some of the better looking Apple stores. Like this one, in London.
How much does Apple charge Google for the YouTube app, and Maps app in iOS. These are Apple designed apps with a Google backend. The question should be, how much does Google or Netflix charge apple for access to their servers? Probably nothing. The truth of the matter is. Apple has every right to make this move. It is their store, that they created. When you buy an Apple product. You buy into an ecosystem that is secure, and easy to use. The average customer loves being...
When I was thinking about iTunes Air, originally I thought "your entire iTunes library, through the cloud," then I put my apple hat on and made it purchased content only. This time of year always gets my Armchair Apple Engineer gears turning. I recently drew out some ideas for an entire revamp of the iPod line. Drop the shuffle, make the nano much smaller with a touch screen..... You know, I should just make another post about it.
Genius Radio. The next evolution of Genius in iTunes. Works like Pandora, built into iTunes. Pick a song in your iTunes Library and Genius Radio creates an internet radio station based on Genius data for that song. The program is free, and can be streamed through the iTunes application on a Mac or PC, or through the iPod app in an iOS device. iTunes Air. It's iTunes, in the cloud. Sign into iTunes Air using your iTunes Account info and instantly have access to iTunes...