or Connect

Posts by macaholic_1948

I should be excited why?I don't carry a computer with me. Too heavy.I do all my browsing on my phone. Less risk.I don't trust Google. Does anyone really?Why would I want to use a browser that almost certainly uses my bandwidth to transmit my browsing habits, my key strokes, etc. back to Google — or what I will refer to as "the mothership?"
Now, if they will step up and do the right thing. I'm tired of subsidizing their data intensive ads (ex: automated video) that chew up my time and mobile data use and reduce the data amounts I have available to do what I want. I'm tired of the stealing bandwidth to run their ads.
If I pay someone to block ads, then their selling access to play ads I paid to block is fraud. That said, let's be realistic. As one poster said, " there aren't any free lunches" anymore. I don't mind passive ads that appear on a page, I can read them as I choose or not. What I object to are the ads that hijack my attention and steal bandwidth, causing a page to take 2-3 times longer to load. I object to ads that force my phone to open a new app, play video without my...
None? The Chinese and North Koreans both run well known hacking organizations as a part of their military. The Russians may as well. And, if they don't, they are widely suspected of contracting with the same. In case you are not aware of it, hacking is a part of the asymmetrical war being waged by governments everyday.
Believe me... You are not so important that the US government will feel the need to spy on you. And, if you were because of your suspicious activity, then too bad. Hackers, not the US government steal from everyday people and corporations to the tune of billions of dollars. Worry about them. As for the US spying on Chinese citizens— even if they did, it would be a drop in the bucket to the spying done by the Chinese on its own citizens.You really need to re-evaluate your...
It continues to amaze me that people fear the US government more than the fear the very active, very visible and very dangerous hacking activities of Russian gangs; The Russian, Chinese and North Korean governments; and, "run-of-the-mill" hackers out to steal your credentials and drain your credit and bank accounts. It's like worrying about the Keystone Cops while cheering on Ma Barker, Al Capone and Bonnie and Clyde. (If you don't get the references, use Bing.)
Seems hypocritical on their part given that some companies (not necessarily named) have tried to leverage the fee for FRAND patents against the entire sales price instead of the clearly differentiated component for which there is a clearly associated cost.
That is simply not true.
wrong. Wrong. Wrong.Apple can't even decrypt an iPhone complex password. http://app.forensicmag.com/articles/2014/03/challenges-smartphone-forensics-passwords-and-encryption"A complex iPhone passcode, however, takes more effort. The investigator needs to know, and manually insert, this type of passcode in order to extract and decrypt all data. ... If the investigator cannot figure out what the passcode is, no mobile forensic tool exists that can bypass it. Some data can be...
Never took it that far. Don't know.