or Connect

Posts by macaholic_1948

I have expressed my opinion. You chose to insult me for it. The anger in your response was unjustified. You are trying to justify insulting me. That about sums up the conversation. Please don't bother to reply if you don't have anything constructive to say or that is not a personal attack.
No. Are you? Would you be OK with denying the authorities to written communications between conspirators too? If not, just how is that any different than the authorities access what is on a phone?
Yes. You have the right to not incriminate yourself. That right does not extend itself to written records you prepare or maintain, i.e., email, journals, computer records.
How else can you read the contents of a phone? If it's hacked, it only what is transmitted can be read. If it is not physically in their possession, just how do you think they can read it at all. Personally, I don't believe they are asking to remotely read a phone. But, even if they could, who is so egotistical to believe that they are a target? Too many people. Too much data.Hell, they can't even keep track of who is dead. Do you really think they have the time,...
You don't know what I do or do not know. But, I do know what and who your are. Your need to insult is very telling.
No. That's an illegal search. However, if the data is encrypted, he can only gain access to what I allow. An encrypted phone can't be accessed without the appropriate password. Once accessed, the data is accessible unless it, too, is encrypted.An open phone with encrypted data may be open but if you choose to do it, the data is still not accessible without the password.None of that should be accessed without permission except by court order.Of course all arguments are moot...
There is a difference between having a phone with encrypted data and an encrypted phone. I want the first. Not the second.
I have made comments that add to the discussion without belittling. Whether you think they are constructive or not is an opinion. You are entitled to your opinion. So am I. Too bad you don't offer me the same courtesy.
Insults again. You offer nothing constructive. Just personal insults.I do wonder, though, why are you so angry. Why are you so angry or insecure that you feel it necessary to attack a nameless, faceless entity on the net just because you don't like the way they think.Don't you realize that that puts you in the same boat with people who want to track everything? You are doing no better than any dictator who tries to drown out free speech with insults and fearmongering.Yes,...
if they come with a warrant to search my house, I'll open the door. Same thing with the phone