or Connect

Posts by macaholic_1948

Here's something to chew on... Just because a deal is good for one party (in this case the consumer according to Amazon) (aside: it's nice to know that Amazon isn't in the least bit concerned with it's short- and long-term profit picture! Snort!), that does not mean that it's good for everyone else (authors and publishers in this case). History had shown, time and again, that suppliers that cannot get a fair return on their investment of time and money will go...
Yes and no. Those are design features that have to do with look and feel. Streaming is a function that can be implemented in multiple ways, each with a different appearance. But, your point is well taken none-the-less.
Duplicate
You can't patent an idea. If Apple's implementation is unique, their work will stand.
Congratulations AI. It appears you are now able to foresee the future. "...Google on Thursday previewed..." in a story bylined with a Wednesday date stamp. Well done AI. Well done.
If you compare the transitions from iconic corporate leaders/founders to that of their successors, the Tim Cook is being given short shrift.Yes, Tim Cook has done a remarkable job of growing Apple while doing no harm. Despite what naysayers would have you believe, Tim Cook has done a good job.If that were not the case, the NYT and others would be pointing out examples of other companies that have improved in transition from an iconic leader.In fact, given the vitriol that...
I guess you've never tried to prove a negative.
It's Google. Isn't that sufficient explanation?If not, they are an information aggregator. If I process all my online purchase payments through them, they will have a more complete picture of my purchasing activities than I am willing to provide. It's bad enough as it is with my bank, credit card company having much of that but at least they don't use that info "for my benefit."Further why do they need that information? I am also providing the same information to the...
Absolutely agree. Google would be the last place I would want credi card info.
Time's take on Amazon: http://t.co/qjWovuivcv