or Connect

Posts by macaholic_1948

No. I said data on the phone should be accessible. There is a difference between accessible and understandable.
when you have something other than insults to offer, I'll pay attention to you.
Your planet. Yes. They collect it. They don't really want it. It is the only way to collect what they want.Really, they can get everything they need without access to a phone? No. They can't. If they could, it would not be a problem.
I'm fine with a middle ground. Why don't you offer one instead of making silly comments?
It isn't you they are after with a back door. That would/should require physical access.
If the back door is only accessible via physical access, just how does that enable a hacker?
Of course privacy is legal. I'm not upside down. Allowing access facilitates the forensic activity. One does not have a right to privacy if a court deems that their private information is accessible for examination.Access affects only those who are targeted by a court order. Not everyone.
how are you giving up your lawful right to privacy? What the DA is asking for and to which I agree is the right to access the information via a court order. Are you anticipating law enforcement coming to your door every week or so to check your phone? Or, that it will be read as you pass a check point? The first isn't practical (but would go a long way to solving unemployment). The second is easily solved. Turn your phone off. Of course, if they read every phone, there is...
Fine, let them. But, why should we make it easier for them? As for the dumb petty criminals, we are making it easier for them too.
There is a huge difference between what this DA is asking for and what hackers and the NSA (or the KGB used to) do everyday. Invasion of user privacy takes four forms: A. Direct or passive remote monitoring or intercept of user information and data — much like hackers do. Or, the NSA. B. Active, targeted observation — e.g., wire taps (which are legal when authorized by a court), surveillance drones, wireless transmitters. C. Active reading of phone or computer data via...