or Connect

Posts by macaholic_1948

Hahahaha I like Office, but not well enough to pay $120 a year, less a day (which is what it is if they renew 24 hours before the end date). Thanks for almost nothing Microsoft.
Reaping the results of unethical practice from the seeds of unethical practice they have sowed. IOW if they can scoff at ethics, others will too, by example.
It amazes me that newspapers and similar content providers think they can charge nearly the same or a higher price for electronic editions than print editions. Even when they add a few (meaning minimal) content additions, they expect the public to see that as justification for the premium. They don't want the public to think about how expensive paper, printing and delivery really is or what a large proportion of the total cost printing really is. And, for many, the...
Thank you, FirstTech. Good luck to the employees.
It starts with the approach that individuals like Bill Cosby espouse. Do that, provide equal educational opportunities and encourage/enable diversity at the school level and the problem will resolve itself in one or two generations. You already see improvements but, unless the points addressed by Cosby are embraced, the likelihood of true progress is diminished greatly.
If you are talking about RIAA and it's efforts with respect to copyright, then I won't argue with you. I will suggest that other countries' have organizations with similar goals in mind. It isn't just American companies. If, however, you intended your comment as an across-the-board shot, your aim is really too broad.You comment, valid or not, has absolutely nothing to do with what I am talking about either. But, I think you know that.As for the more narrow issue you refer...
Really? More and more countries have shown interest in censoring the internet. There are those in Europe and America that want to as well. Moderation as you call it, particularly when a significant %age of the world's population would be negatively impacted is not only a slippery slope but a major concern as well. But, if you can sleep well knowing that a couple of billion people or so re being oppressed and receiving biased and incorrect education and information, then I...
Youmust have misunderstood. Why? Because some countries consider simple criticisms of their government, women's faces, pictures of women driving, dissension, criticisms of religion and other activities to be illegal activities. Silly isn't it.
That's correct. I didn't. And, that was intentional. It wasn't my aim to enter into an unregulated, free-wheeling conversation with you or anyone else. I asked what I wanted to know and got sufficient information to satisfy my curiosity. I had no need to go further in that vein or into a wider query.
Enforcing net neutrality and education efforts are not moderation activities. As to the rest: you have entered slippery slope territory and the slope is very slick.