or Connect

Posts by macaholic_1948

Case "closed for lack of evidence" is a prosecutor's weaseling way of saying we accused an innocent party. Hopefully, that is the case again. My impression of Italian prosecutors, based on a couple of recent cases receiving international attention is that they don't like tobloseconce they have decided some one is guilty. And, they will keep charging their target with crimes until the court's see it that way.
DanielSW
Once again, Apple makes it to the top spot in the rankings, as analysts predict it's impending demise. /snark
Yes. You can under appropriate circumstances. But, generally speaking GAAP does not require capitalization of such costs.
Not exactly. If you were liquidating Apple, then it would most certainly have value.The fact that cash is on Apple's balance sheet is a big factor in judging its viability as an investment asset. But, it is of no more value as an asset than a desk or building or any other asset of equal value.What Apple is expected to do with the cash has greater value than the cash itself.But, as stated elsewhere, future earnings are an indicator of future value. Present earnings are an...
Stock prices are a function of earnings per share. If revenue goes up and the number of outstanding shares is unchanged, the stock price will rise. If earnings remain the same and the number of shares goes down, then the price per share will increase.At least, that is the simplified view for many investors. Not all. The formula also involves a multiplier applied to earnings per share. That multiplier reflects market and economic expectations as well as investor...
True. But what you can afford and what you buy are not always the same. Current cash availability often trumps long-term cost when you lack cash to pay for the lower long-term cost.
Actually, many consumers balance look and feel, usability, reliability and utility against cost to determine the relative cost of purchasing an item. If the differences in the non-price criteria are significant, they will often opt for a more expensive item.Example: buy a $50 pair of item you can wear for a year or more or buy a $17 item that you have to replace every 3 months?
My thought, exactly. They intend to assimilate us.
I wonder how many security issues the latest point upgrade of Android addresses.