or Connect

Posts by jjm3

Did you read Defying Gravity, the story of the Newton's development? The development team definitely wanted both kinds of connectivity (what would come to be wifi and cellular data) in the device, but were hobbled by factors such as (1) it would've made the unit cost about $4000 at the time and (2) such a device presented a threat to the Mac department, who didn't want yet another pirate flag raised against the leading product (the way they'd done themselves against the...
  I've used my iDisk pretty much daily since January 2000 when its first version premiered. Seeing that icon pop up on my desktop has always delighted me. I use it a lot for personal backups and storage and file sharing, and a lot for my freelance work as well. Even though I'm making other arrangements for my important data that's backed up up there, I know I'll still be using my iDisk until the day they turn it off this summer.   I hope Apple opens up some sort of...
My last three Macs have all been 17" laptops: 2005 17" PowerBook G4, 2007 17" MacBook Pro and 2008 17" MacBook Pro. I'm anxiously (and now, thanks to this ridiculous analyst's fairy tale, nervously) awaiting the next generation of Mac laptops so I can upgrade.   I've been a video professional for 13 years, and I spent the first 5 of those years using 15" PowerBooks. Moving up to 17" (once they became available) was fantastic; I never want to go down a size...
Hi... Anyone know why the gorgeous 480p / 720p / 1080p QuickTime versions of the iPhone "Hello" commercial are gone from apple.com? (Or am I just missing where they are now?) I recently wanted to go back at watch them again (mainly to compare the lowercase at&t logo in the commercial to the uppercase one in the latest Cingular email), but alas, I cannot find the thing. Where'd it go? I shudder to think about settling for watching a YouTube version.... hehehe
Will we see 7200 rpm hard disks for MacBook Pros in sizes larger than 100 GB anytime soon? Seems like that's been the size limit for ages now for folks who want the extra hard disk speed...