or Connect

Posts by DESuserIGN

Me too.If I were in a position to fire anyone, that is.Seriously, there's nothing more annoying than working on a project with people who are not committed to excellence. I can take many of the initial bumps in the road that is a team project—split attention, naiveté, initial ignorance of the situation, confusion, etc. Every member of a team has their strength and weaknesses. But once we all get settled in and start on the project, everyone better be committed and making...
 The "other Steve?"Who? /s
 Doesn't Samsung make that?Hmm, where do we draw the line?Believe me, if I cooked dinner, I get the credit, no mater who bought the groceries.Credit for the film creation goes to the creators. Same goes for software, iPhone, and hardware creators each for their part of what they did.
 Actually they were hardly the "leader." Companies like Apple, Adobe, (and the software companies they purchased) dragged Avid, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century. Left on their own, Avid would still be selling outrageously expensive editing stations instead of software and svelte productions like the one in this article, or the last Sundance sensation, would still be well near impossible!
 You do realize that a typical shoot for a car commercial is normally a big affair that might take one or several weeks and have a million dollar budget? When millions will be paid for TV commercial time and the images will be used for a long time, money is not as much an object. The production cost is a drop in the bucket compared to the costs of airing the finished commercial. In such a case trucks are rented to hall huge white flags (a light reflector) just so the...
  I don't know where you've been living, but iPhone footage appears on broadcast TV all the time. Many reporters use or are issued iPhones to capture video on the fly. A funny thing happens when a video platform shrinks to the price and size of an iPhone. Suddenly you don't have to spend $5-50k for a camera. The camera doesn't need to be huge and heavy. The camera is cheap enough that it doesn't have to be carried in a box, in a truck, with a crew. You can give one to...
So true.It's never/always too early. If one waited too long it wouldn't really be Schadenfreude. And for the object of the Schadenfreude, it's always too early.
If this is true, Apple has become Google or FaceBook. $3B wasted on crappy, phony (no pun intended,) least common denominator branding bull 5h12. I'll need to reconsider my long term holdings of Apple stock.
Do you think your thoughts on the subject are "effectful" or "influenceful?
The dictionary has everything in it, including trite, overused phrases, even common incorrect usages. Did you really think bad "business speak" would be omitted? Pehaps you don't appreciate subtlty and elegance in written EnglishI've heard that pigs will eat anything placed in front of them. Is that your argument in a nutshell?