or Connect

Posts by DESuserIGN

They don't share that information with all manufacturers and and they don't share it very far in advance, but they definitely do share it with some.
(Not sure I'm parsing your meaning so sorry if I'm repeating what you mean.) Glass, steel or aluminum, the part would be optimized for the material and application. So weight would not be significantly different. Glass was a (poor/silly/risky/over-bold?) design choice in the first place. The increased brittleness was a poor tradeoff for scratch resistance and bulk (IMO.)
Of course the flight attendants make sure they go to Preferences and set them on "Airplane Mode."
It is, but it's the same because it's him. That's how he thinks and talks about design. It's pretty typical in the design community.Nope. He's a great designer. I'm sure he's picked a great team that is also extremely talented. All design is a collaborative activity. A lack of collaborative, team management, and strategic/planning skills are what prevent most otherwise talented designers from ever becoming great, and Ive has them all in spades.
I'm as big an Apple fan as anyone and found his spoof well done and hilarious. I had a good loud laugh and I was alone, which is a good measure of funny for me. I immediately watched it again and laughed again (but as always, keep your expectations low for best effect.) What amazes me is the surprising number of humorless commentators comedy critique poseurs here on AI. For Pete's sake, it's a spoof and Conan is a comedian. Get a life!
Nope. The cases and accessories, are designed in the US (or the "west") and the minimum necessary specs are shared with the designers so that quality accessories are ready on release day.The leaks mostly come out of China at the machining and manufacturing facilities from lower level employees.
No surprise. Captbilly has made my wall of shame with a single post (blocked.) Perhaps s/he is the sock puppet responsible for many of the other 30 or so UserNames on that list (99% of whom never post again by the time I block them.)
Move along. This guy's an idiot who is babbling about things he doesn't understand. He's acting as if iPads are comoditised chochkies. Next thing you know he'll suggest they offer iPods with Happy Meals.
Not only that, all Apple products hold their value extraordinarily well. It's trivial to sell your iPad1 online and essentially get a huge discount on your brand new iPad2. Can't do that with an Android product since they have no real value on the used market. Lot's of folks will be upgrading just for FaceTime capability.
Maybe I am more clueless than Munster, but let me just say: I lived there for several years (my first time in China was probably before you were born.) I did some post baccalaureate studies in China. As far as Chinese students etc., it's not terribly surprising. The best, hardest working students in China get to go to University, go abroad, etc. It's their way ahead. For Americans, getting an advanced degrees in the US is expensive, time consuming, and entails huge...