or Connect

Posts by DESuserIGN

You're too funny! The words "clueless" "self-rightious" and "immature" immediately come to mind (feel free to tack on "first class" to any of them.)
Actually, no. Disabled or not, you still have a Ping Profile. And as far as not being tied to FaceBook—It appears not to be now, but initially it appeared very much so. When I checked it out, it had a "find friends through Facebook" feature, as is discussed in a more recent AI article. In any case, my gripe is largely with the whole state of the "Social Media' concept, as it now stands. Not so much just with Ping or with Apple. There has to be a more satisfactory way to...
I signed up to take a look at it, decided it was too tied to FaceBook (hate it,) and too damn crappy/spammy (waste of time.) Unfortunately I then discovered I couldn't "un-sign up" (at least I haven't figured out how to get completely unencumbered yet.) Although I feel confident my privacy is secure (unlike with FB or MS et al.) It looks fine and all but basically it's another fricking FaceBook/MySpace spam machine that I don't care to be involved with. Very Un-Apple...
Why should anyone lose even an hour of work?Only a very conventional, noncreative person has never experienced losing track of time in the creative process. Such a person wouldn't need to press command+S at all. Who would find value in their work?
Yeah . . . sure they are—like they're a music distribution company. What percentage of their revenue do you think Apple will get from ads? Probably about the same as they get from music, which is very little. What percentage of Google's revenue do you think comes from ads? (hint pretty much all of it.)
Amen to everything Anonymouse has said in this discussion (unless I missed something egregious!)Apple seems to have a great approach to the cloud (so far.) Yes, you pay with Apple (MobileMe should cost half what it does) but their incentive is to give you the service you pay for, not to pick your pocket. Essentially this comes from their very user-centered (see my nickname) approach. They start by creating products and services that they would want to use and go from...
Good to see anonymouse has held the fort down in my absence. I think Apple has a very good grasp of how "the cloud" (the newest name for the the internet and remote storage which as anonymouse has pointed out, is being reframed as thin client) can be used (as a tool for users) and it doesn't have to do with someone else owning the user's data and mining it for gold.
"The Cloud" is a tool, not a destination! Google's "Chrome OS" is a silly step backwards. Some folks will lay down for Google, but anyone who values their data and their privacy will not be charmed. Frankly, I think Google has run its course and will begin to decline unless they get back to concentrating on value for users rather than surreptitiously lining their own pockets by selling their users out. A business or individual with valuable data would be irresponsible to...
Indeed. They "Think Different" my @ss! (In this case "Think Differently" is more appropriate, as they really need to change the way they think rather than just consider different ways of thinking!) Web apps! They will get what remains of their genitalia handed to them on a platter (again) if they really believe things will be moving to web apps. Just what everyone wants—apps that only work when you pay for and have a signal. This makes me think more than ever that they...
You can call it 4G instead of 3.9G as long as you think 4Mbps is the same as 100Mbs.