or Connect

Posts by DESuserIGN

"The Cloud" is a tool, not a destination! Google's "Chrome OS" is a silly step backwards. Some folks will lay down for Google, but anyone who values their data and their privacy will not be charmed. Frankly, I think Google has run its course and will begin to decline unless they get back to concentrating on value for users rather than surreptitiously lining their own pockets by selling their users out. A business or individual with valuable data would be irresponsible to...
Indeed. They "Think Different" my @ss! (In this case "Think Differently" is more appropriate, as they really need to change the way they think rather than just consider different ways of thinking!) Web apps! They will get what remains of their genitalia handed to them on a platter (again) if they really believe things will be moving to web apps. Just what everyone wants—apps that only work when you pay for and have a signal. This makes me think more than ever that they...
You can call it 4G instead of 3.9G as long as you think 4Mbps is the same as 100Mbs.
Yeah, db measures a logarithmic scale, but but it's indicated as db which is the inverse log of the ratio of signal to full signal. In essence it works very well as a percentage indicator (with some adjustments) because it mirrors the way we sense things naturally. The fact that these are digital rather than analog signals makes it somewhat irrelevant though since digital signals have good fidelity until a minimum threshold is reached, then they fail completely (the so...
The pollsters didn't get it wrong, their methodology and projection did not work.The tribune did get it wrong in that they reported a prediction as fact on the same night of the election (they were a pro-Republican newspaper and they jumped the gun to "report" the election in the early morning edition.)We all realize polls have flaws and expect them to fail. But we do expect reporters to report facts, not predictions.
And in your case, I would just point out that Murdoch bought the Wall Street Journal, not the New York Times (But yes, even the WSJ was able to get worse since Murdoch bought i.t)
Uhm . . . No!You have gotten your facts wrong. As anyone can tell you, it was the Chicago Tribune. So clearly we can believe nothing else you say ever again, right?http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&a...ed=0CCkQsAQwAAAnd while I have not read the NYT article that is the source of these "media sucks" rants, I'm certain they didn't "just make stuff up" (although their source might have.) While the state of news gathering and reporting has declined alarmingly, I would not...
That's a Louis Sullivan quote, actually. And as a modern day Bauhausler, I can assure you that many Bauhaus product designs were more like the hockey puck mouse and less like what we would consider functional design.
This is a great example of the ignorance of even somewhat savvy (presumably) people as to what is going on. MacBearDan (no offense to him,) like many people, seems to think that the problem is "worse" now because with the "fix" his signal display is more sensitive on the high end (where signal strength doesn't really matter) whereas before it was "better" when it when it was more sensitive on the low end, where that increased sensitivity had some value. Guess what? It...
Agreed.The item is clearly a display.You can see the RGB Pixels with ease. The pixel architecture is similar to the one used on many of the more recent displays, including the one the IP4.Not sure how Chilli gets paid to "work in electronic industry."Universal remote seems like an interesting thought.