or Connect

Posts by DESuserIGN

I still refuse to have an iPhone (contract and monthly fees) and just continue to own APPL stock instead. Why not just $10/ gig and an additional $10 for each gig over that? (messaging and tethering included.) With that pricing, everyone would get a smart phone, everyone would get a data plan, everyone would use messaging, everyone would pay at least $10/month, everyone would pay as they go, everyone would save money, and . . . the carriers would make more money and have...
Kerning in Word!?I can't comment on the FCP issue, but wanting and using kerning features in Word sounds like wanting silk purse performance from sow's ear software. If you want kerning control, use a page layout program, not a word processor. (Although MS is always glad to make their software appear to be all things, for all tasks, for all people!)
Not surprising. Credit has been available in China only relatively recently. The society is traditionally frugal which has been a wise strategy in the face of low and intermittent earning power for individuals. BTW China is on the cusp of a precipitous housing bubble. Only the greatest efforts of the totalitarian government have been able to prevent the kind of crashes seen in the west. But their efforts only delay the inevitable.[QUOTE=AIA;1887527How many Americans will...
Yeah, sorry. I meant to say cell phone not smart phone. My point stands though. People get sucked in by the large population of China and the concentration of wealth they see when they visit (not too many people visit the poorer areas of China.) They tend to extrapolate this incorrectly. It's a skewed view, just as people all over the world have a skewed view of the US. People do this everywhere but it's especially easy to do with China and especially WRT economics,...
Actually I just saw an article stating that China Unicom now has 10% of their customers on 3G (China mobile less than 5%. There are only 35 Million 3G customers in the whole country right now (their fastest service.) China Unicom got those numbers by offering a very cheap data plans. It's not a sustainable plan. Even at only $10/month they can only have about 10 million iPhone users (after 2 years.) China Mobile cannot get as high a percentage. In any case, Getting 5% of...
10% of 600 Million subscribers wouldn't be amazing, it'd be a miracle!Just how many of those subscribers do you thing have the cash/desire for an iPhone and contract? How many iPhone has Apple sold with China Unicom's 180 Million subscribers? (@ 5%.)For the time being the 4 million who are already using an iPhone at China Mobile is petty amazing. With a sanctioned iPhone maybe another 10 or 20 million max, which is nothing to sneeze at, but get real. They will not be...
WRT an integrated GUINot really. You still have to deal with the UI of the other (inevitably) associated devices. The worst of these is often the TV itself. As far as other sources, optical disks and on air TV aren't disappearing, especially when you lose your Internet connection. Then theres the huge number of people who don't have access to sufficiently "broad" band to support decent TV content.
Not so much FYI (unless I've been trolled. )
True, but its still a hassle for someone like my Mom, more so with surround sound, more so with other media sources, etc. ATV does not address the multiple remote control and multiple source inputs problem. Apple can never offer an optimal, simple, yet flexible experience without closer integration with the TV. The current ATV, when you remove the case and power supply is just a very small $30 board.Theres no reason Apple can't make a TV with a slot for a similar board...
Just run the optical out to your home theater system.Did you expect any TV to replace a home theater system? If so, why?