or Connect

Posts by DESuserIGN

True, I don't think its about soup to nuts tools. We'll probably never see that again. But the reason Flash is so ubiquitous is that there are easy to use tools for it and they allow creatives to produce discrete pieces of work without needing deep technical knowledge. Until similar tools are developed that allow some kind of chunking of work using HTML5, CSS3, & JS, Flash cannot not disappear. I think Apple and others are working on it, but while the tools Apple produces...
While I agree in many ways, I think you may be over influenced by more recent media developments. Everything comes and goes and everything that has come, will go, to some degree. But everything that has come and gone also influences to some degree. Blogs and Tweets and social media are not really new, nor are they the future, they're just the latest instantiation of old school communication. History is a succession or recycling of diaries, letters, e-mails, blogs, tweets,...
Of course they're for beginners. While you can't just start at the apex, HTML, CSS, & JS are the foundation of web design and if you want to be a real web designer/developer you will need to learn all three in their full implementation (to varying degrees depending.) That said, yup, hand coding, no tools for the latest versions yet. And that is the one big thing holding back adoption. It may be a while before we get usable tools. Adobe is certainly reverse motivated to...
I have received your tweet. Thank you for updating me. Do not use Vimeo. Please confirm. [ Over! ]
codec = A device or algorithm capable of encoding and/or decoding a digital data stream or signal. codex = An ancient manuscript text in book form. Just so you know
That sums it up well, if crudely. It will appeal to most people ( for 15 seconds,) children (for a time,) and to people who hate magazines or are stupid (for a longer time.) Why do imagineerings like this always go toward the cinematographic? Shows a lack imagination desperately seeking to appear imaginative. And nice, on top of expensive crappy fiilerwe get a linear maze like navigation to boot. Better examples of where this should go (assuming some contextual adaption)...
Holy Crap! Vimeo is so completely useless! (on an older machine.) Flash is bad enough, but when Flash serves up anything from Vimeo it becomes total CPU grinding crap. I'll have to get out my MBP laptop to view this.
I know several people who have recovered nicely from major brain aneurysms. On the other hand, my Dad didn't do well and many people die or are terribly debilitated. I'm sure he'll get excellent care. He might want to get down the to the Chicago Rehabilitation Institute as soon as he's able.
Is this really a *Ban*? Or has Apple decided not to cary products in their store that they feel are of questionable value? There are tens of thousands of computer products that are not sold in Apple stores, many of them Apple centric. Why have you not reported on these "banned' products?
It is surprising because it is impossible/unlikely. My intent was to point out that the survey is poorly designed because it allowed respondents to make multiple contradictory responses. Do you really think that at least 16% of iPhone owners (24% - (100% - 92%)) are likely to buy *both* a new iPhone and a new Android Phone tomorrow if they needed to replace their iPhone? If that were true wouldn't they just buy a new Android Phone today and keep their iPhone? Beyond the...