or Connect

Posts by DESuserIGN

Maybe you are right about the technical viability of TD-SCDMA. But Apple doesn't care about how many people live in China or how "superior" TD-SCDMA may or may not be. What they care about is sustainable providing a great user experience to their customers. The Venn diagram of TD-SCDMA customers and potentially profitable iPhone customers does not presently have much of an intersection. A lot of things would need to change before this could change. Apple tends to look at...
Yeah, while in a way I sympathize with their desire to create a standard without licensing issues, they've taken very much a "command economy" approach with this. Why should any company adopt a standard that has been created largely in isolation and without agreement. Do they really expect Apple to take up the bother and expense of a new standard just for them -- even as they stick to a single standard everywhere else in the world (and even in the US where there are...
Spoken like a programmer. Its a team thing content, looks, function, strategy. If any one sucks, they all suck. Frankly not too many programmers are very good at any of the other three. And how can a designer screw up stop motion animation? Is that a programming task? By the way, it used to be that you had to have a programmer do markup for page layout of books. Do you think that's the way it should be?
Exactly my point. Newer communication forms don't replace, they glom on and add to the experience. But intrinsically people seek appropriate experiences for the situation and these tend to parallel the form. So the add ons need to be in line with and appropriate to the experience of that form.I like the Dear Abby thing --chat/blog/tweets can go with that. Its an environment that can be noisy.Readers also write in to magazines but this needs to be a bit more thoughtful, or...
True, I don't think its about soup to nuts tools. We'll probably never see that again. But the reason Flash is so ubiquitous is that there are easy to use tools for it and they allow creatives to produce discrete pieces of work without needing deep technical knowledge. Until similar tools are developed that allow some kind of chunking of work using HTML5, CSS3, & JS, Flash cannot not disappear. I think Apple and others are working on it, but while the tools Apple produces...
While I agree in many ways, I think you may be over influenced by more recent media developments. Everything comes and goes and everything that has come, will go, to some degree. But everything that has come and gone also influences to some degree. Blogs and Tweets and social media are not really new, nor are they the future, they're just the latest instantiation of old school communication. History is a succession or recycling of diaries, letters, e-mails, blogs, tweets,...
Of course they're for beginners. While you can't just start at the apex, HTML, CSS, & JS are the foundation of web design and if you want to be a real web designer/developer you will need to learn all three in their full implementation (to varying degrees depending.) That said, yup, hand coding, no tools for the latest versions yet. And that is the one big thing holding back adoption. It may be a while before we get usable tools. Adobe is certainly reverse motivated to...
I have received your tweet. Thank you for updating me. Do not use Vimeo. Please confirm. [ Over! ]
codec = A device or algorithm capable of encoding and/or decoding a digital data stream or signal. codex = An ancient manuscript text in book form. Just so you know
That sums it up well, if crudely. It will appeal to most people ( for 15 seconds,) children (for a time,) and to people who hate magazines or are stupid (for a longer time.) Why do imagineerings like this always go toward the cinematographic? Shows a lack imagination desperately seeking to appear imaginative. And nice, on top of expensive crappy fiilerwe get a linear maze like navigation to boot. Better examples of where this should go (assuming some contextual adaption)...