or Connect

Posts by macarena

I am not sure if it is your ignorance or your indefatigable craze for Apple that you are advertising here! I will give you the benefit of doubt and grant that you are just crazy about Apple. The shuffle/nano vs touch serve different purposes, and are suited for different usage patterns. Even a Bill Gates probably will prefer a shuffle while at the gym (compared to the Touch, I mean). The 5C and 5S aren't like that. Especially compared to years past, where you can never...
The color choices Apple made, make one thing clear. The 5C is not targeted at men or women - it is targeted at kids. While women might be OK and like some of the colors, no woman worth anything will be caught dead carrying a phone that is totally mismatched in color with her dress. Neutral colors are one thing, but specific colors are a total no-no. Kids on the other hand probably don't care for masculine or feminine colors, they just like a color and go with it. They are...
The fact that iPhone 5C is the second best phone doesn't mean much. It only says that there are too many contenders for second spot, and the 5C is the better amongst them.   Don't get me wrong, the 5C is a great phone. Even though it is plastic, it feels solid, not like a cheap plastic phone. However, the market is not looking for a great second best phone. I think Apple intentionally positioned the 5C the way they did, to prevent cannibalization, but their...
This is targeted at Apple, plain and simple. Despite what Tallest says, it is stupid what Apple charges when you want a phone with more flash memory. There is no way in the sane world Apple can justify its prices, except that they can get away with it. That people still don't have a choice - if they want iPhone, they pay Apple's prices, whether they like it or not. I have wondered for long, why so many people have a totally unreasonable hatred towards Apple - and I think...
This is actually a very smart move by Apple. In a lot of cases, and for a lot of people, the largest competitor to Apple is Apple itself. Older devices that are handed down to others, or sold to others are taking away potential sales of new devices. Apple can claim it is being responsible, and all that, but the biggest beneficiary of such a move is Apple!
I think the world has underestimated how good a CEO Tim Cook is, and how important he is for Apple today. The arrogant, brash style of Steve Jobs would not have worked so well in a company that is the market leader. It is ok when Apple was a small struggling company, but not when its a market leader. Also, Apple today is not about the home run hit products, it is about increasing efficiency, production, lowering prices, etc. No one does it better than Tim Cook. There is...
This "news" is a scam - and is carried only by a few tech enthusiast sites. None of the mainstream media sites - Reuters, Bloomberg, WSJ, etc are talking anything about this. Google "multitouch patent" and see all the results. Do you really think mainstream media sites would miss this story for over 36 hours? This scam is a blatant attempt to push down Google shares and buy some shares in anticipation of the pop after earnings. Many readers of AppleInsider have probably...
Well, under normal circumstances, it makes no sense to restrict supply of the 5S to push the 5C.However, if you are sitting on tons of 5C inventory, on which demand is much lesser than you anticipated, you might do things that you normally wouldn't do!
Wrong - do not just look at numbers, look at context. 5C was outsold 2-1, despite the fact that it was widely available throughout this period. 5S was in very poor supply and still could beat 5C easily.I would say, there's a lot of upgraders from 4S who would have ideally liked the 5S, but did not have the patience to wait, so picked up 5C instead.5C is a major mistake by Apple, and I believe Apple is curbing availability of 5S to push sales of 5C somehow. I expect that...
iStore in India says that they are expecting only one phone to be launched in India. The 5C is supposedly exclusive to China Mobile, and will be a TD-LTE phone to be launched when the network is ready. It will not be launched elsewhere. Hence the "C". However, they also expect that Apple will drop prices of the flagship phone to $350 without contract for the base model, which will just be 8GB. The availability of this model will be severely restricted in the US and other...