or Connect

Posts by macarena

Pretty much any independent Ad network would balk at being acquired by RIM, because that means giving up on the lucrative iOS devices market. It increasingly looks like iOS is going to be used on even more Apple devices, including AppleTV or iTV. If the rumored 7" iPad comes out, that can only help iOS grow its marketshare. I actually think the screen of the iPad and the Retina display of the iPhone 4 is the biggest weak link for Apple when it comes to ramping up...
I think going with a physical TV makes very little sense to Apple - the actual value they can add to the TV outside of the AppleTV functionality itself, is very minimal. All the functionality mentioned in this article is already possible with a reinvented Apple TV. I think the way Apple will go ahead will be the following: - Move Apple TV to iOS, opening up AppStore. - Cloud based DVR with limited local DVR. - Built in Video tuner capability to hook up other...
.. from building a FaceTime client for Android? The moment several Android phones come out with Front Facing cameras, this would be a great move by Apple. In fact, I would rather prefer an Apple Face TIme client on Android, RIM, Windows Mobile 7, etc., as opposed to some other clients that might have a shoddy implementation, giving FaceTime a bad name.
It is quite obvious that the next iteration of AppleTV would be based on iOS. If so, that opens up iAd for Apple TV as well. In such a scenario, Apple could potentially be looking at offering a deal similar to Hulu - watch iAds every 15 minutes of the show and get the show for free, or watch 2-3 minutes of iAds to begin with and get the show for free, or just pay $1.99 to watch the show without ads. Most comments in this forum assume that this is targetting MacOS -...
Apple is DOOMED!
Dear iPhone4 Customers, Over the last couple of weeks, there has been enormous amount of hysteria about Antenna reception issues related to the iPhone 4. The number of customers actually impacted by this problem is quite minimal, because it only affects people in weak signal areas, and only if the phone is held in certain ways. However, at Apple, we have always believed in delighting customers, every single step of the way - right from the experience while you shop, the...
Apple is Doomed!
What is happening at Foxconn is just one example of a culture that is now institutionalized throughout China. This is a country that can bulldoze entire neighbourhoods literally overnight to make way for roads, buildings, etc. This is a country where the government does not allow any dissenting voices - period. The only reason why stories come out from Foxconn, is because of more intense scrutiny on Foxconn because of its massive relationship with Apple. If you dig deep...
Some things Apple could do - to dramatically change AppleTV. http://prastalk.blogspot.com/2010/05...einvented.html
I think Apple should just remove Carrier exclusivity using a back door approach. They should sell the phone unlocked with 5-bands - supporting T-Mobile's 3G network as well. However, you can only buy the phone on contract from AT&T, with a $325 ETF, or outright for $600+. If someone wants to use it on T-Mobile, they are welcome to, just cancel the contract after 30 days and pay AT&T their ETF. If you want to use it overseas, same thing. Basically, they are should...